PAZ012-018-019-026>028-035>037-041-042-045-046-049>053-056>059-
063>066-290930-
Northern Clinton-Northern Centre-Southern Centre-Huntingdon-Mifflin-
Juniata-Fulton-Franklin-Tioga-Northern Lycoming-Sullivan-
Southern Clinton-Southern Lycoming-Union-Snyder-Montour-
Northumberland-Columbia-Perry-Dauphin-Schuylkill-Lebanon-Cumberland-
Adams-York-Lancaster-
418 AM EST Tue Nov 28 2023

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for central Pennsylvania.

.DAY ONE...Today and tonight.

A few snow squalls are possible today, mainly during the morning and
afternoon hours, especially from near the Interstate 80 corridor and
points to the North. Any squall could produce locally very hazardous
travel conditions with poor visibility and icy roads.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Wednesday through Monday.

The probability for widespread hazardous weather is low.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation is not expected at this time.

First of the season here!

403800787_881521849944527_1374702314468255738_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p206x206&_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=510075&_nc_ohc=gUgUJuSMuoYAX-Sz3br&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.xx&oh=03_AdSV3vyHK3eDWLHLVSyELSnmzGBwYUWtTBF0fluyVlJHCw&oe=658D3D32404440065_712447744145751_3320176958693582801_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p206x206&_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=510075&_nc_ohc=6BGFPaybgXsAX9gnPVK&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=03_AdSzlu8rpDeDBsVpk88XVtWBoPkKw6Bu5_iBpGkayhbytg&oe=658D41E0

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I enjoy his detailed posts & Chester county is literally the next county over from Lancaster.

He offers quality content that is beneficial to this thread.

Thanks Blizzard! If it helps others I am only 6 miles from the Lancaster County border line.....

• Like 2

Low of 32 and walked through some decent flurries on the way to work here in Harrisburg. 

I echo the sentiments of others, in that I have absolutely no issue whatsoever with @ChescoWx posting in this forum.  I mean, the guy usually posts once a day for crying out loud, in which he gives a nice concise forecast and summarizes his daily observations.  No harm in that.  You may quibble with him on his record keeping as it pertains to past comparisons, and that's fine, but the guy is harmless and sometimes posts useful data.  The more the merrier, within reason ha.

Oh yeah, national high was only 82 at Ochopee, FL.  Of course, the low was at Peter Sinks, checking in with a cool -31. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 32 and walked through some decent flurries on the way to work here in Harrisburg. 

I echo the sentiments of others, in that I have absolutely no issue whatsoever with @ChescoWx posting in this forum.  I mean, the guy usually posts once a day for crying out loud, in which he gives a nice concise forecast and summarizes his daily observations.  No harm in that.  You may quibble with him on his record keeping as it pertains to past comparisons, and that's fine, but the guy is harmless and sometimes posts useful data.  The more the merrier, within reason ha.

Oh yeah, national low was only 82 at Ochopee, FL.  Of course, the low was at Peter Sinks, checking in with a cool -31. 

Sorry was just joking everyone gets so damn sensitive around here, :D

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT down to .5 AN with more to drop after the next 2 days...in the race to see if it can get normal or below for Nov. 

As you know, I have already guaranteed a final monthly temp of 44.5.  In all seriousness, the period around T-giving came in a little warmer than forecasted, so I'm upping my prediction to 44.6-44.7.  Waffling on which one to go with, but I'll say 44.6.  Hoping Thursday doesn't bust too high.  In any case, these next couple of days will do a number on the average, and you will get your BN.  It has been decreed. 

• Like 3

Just now, mahantango#1 said:

I'm just not ready for this. 

I get it and I sympathize. I just had a conversation with someone here at work that is struggling as well. I'm guilty sometimes of assuming that everyone embraces snow and cold like I do and that's just not the case. And for some people, it's more than just disliking it. It genuinely affects their well-being. 

Hang in there. I wish you well. Truly. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

As you know, I have already guaranteed a final monthly temp of 44.5.  In all seriousness, the period around T-giving came in a little warmer than forecasted, so I'm upping my prediction to 44.6-44.7.  Waffling on which one to go with, but I'll say 44.6.  Hoping Thursday doesn't bust too high.  In any case, these next couple of days will do a number on the average, and you will get your BN.  It has been decreed. 

I am not pro BN or AN just enjoy the following and you are more than allowed an adjustment.  Haha  Not a big fan when anyone posts closed ended comments that "X amount of days" will be AN/BN vs. leaving some room for error sometimes. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am not pro BN or AN just enjoy the following and you are more than allowed an adjustment.  Haha  Not a big fan when anyone posts closed ended comments that "X amount of days" will be AN/BN vs. leaving some room for error sometimes. 

Yup - there are times when that happens that I'll actively root for the opposite to happen...just because. 

• Like 1

I was looking at snowfall records across the Commonwealth, and I found this quite interesting. Harrisburg had never had less than 9" of snow in a full winter until recently, but has now had 2 of the past 4 winters with less than 6 inches of snow. By percent that is pretty substantial, some 35-40% less than the prior record in those winters.

image.png.9ebdd18aa55ddf3421970c2039d0f29c.png

I was looking at snowfall records across the Commonwealth, and I found this quite interesting. Harrisburg had never had less than 9" of snow in a full winter until recently, but has now had 2 of the past 4 winters with less than 6 inches of snow. By percent that is pretty substantial, some 35-40% less than the prior record in those winters.
image.png.9ebdd18aa55ddf3421970c2039d0f29c.png
Quite interesting? The entire east coast aside from the fucking southtowns have been below since Obama was first term. Sell the "I found this quite interesting" shit somewhere else.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Quite interesting? The entire east coast aside from the fucking southtowns have been below since Obama was first term. Sell the "I found this quite interesting" shit somewhere else.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I'm going to have to disagree. I don't think anyone here knew it was that bad in 2019-2020 & 2022-2023 in Harrisburg. I certainly didn't, as I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.