• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

Some color in the foliage not the best maybe that will change in the coming week.May be an image of silo and grass

Thats plenty enough for me to be out enjoying it...Not sure how you get such good quality pics on here, but I often enjoy what you post.

Guessing 1/2 hr north of Williamsport will be where I'll see more intense foliage change (typically anyway at this time of year).

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

People have been mentioning THV lately.  Their persistently colder nighttime temps make for some large morning jumps something...they have jumped 18 degrees in about 2 hours. 

Yes sir.  Hallmark of a cold sink.  The 9-11am period can be wild.  Inverse of the period right around and after sunset.  Assuming conditions are supportive, of course. 

• Like 1

42 was my low. Color I don't think will be as good as last year, but we'll know in a week or so. 
Up this way I think it was much better than last year. I may be wrong, but I don't remember it being so vivid last time around.

I didn't get up to Skybridge to leaf peep this year, though. Maybe I'll make it up in February to see if 30 inches of snow is enough to keep you alive after a 300 foot fall.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

Up this way I think it was much better than last year. I may be wrong, but I don't remember it being so vivid last time around.

I didn't get up to Skybridge to leaf peep this year, though. Maybe I'll make it up in February to see if 30 inches of snow is enough to keep you alive after a 300 foot fall.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Last year down here was about as good as I've seen it. 

The temps today really followed their modeled forecasted numbers a bit better than recent times.  The main NWS reporting locations in and near the LSV got in to the mid to upper 60's with THV being the highest so far at 67 everyone is 67-69 now about 30 min after I posted this.  A late push.   A beaut of a day.   Speaking of a Beaut, this beer is really good...

image.jpeg.0ecc779dd51614794d801f6a6c422540.jpeg

5 hours ago, canderson said:

42 was my low. Color I don't think will be as good as last year, but we'll know in a week or so. 

If color is based upon moisture, then the coal region should be on fire in a week or two. Tamaqua sits at 46.60" right now. There's been no shortage of rain in NEPA over the past few months.

Something I noticed was that the spotted lantern flies were not as bad this year as they were the year before. I was reading this article about how after the third year the population plummets. I wonder if it's due to their absurd numbers they just eat up the available food source which prevents as many appearing the years after? Certain trees here were covered in them but I didn't notice them as much this fall. Also I think the lantern flies are responsible for certain other insects being plentiful this year like wasps/hornets etc since those things not only eat the bodies of them but also eat the honeydew they produce. Definitely can't be a coincidence wasps exploded in numbers the season after we had so many lantern flies

• Like 1

A mild cloudy day ahead for Chester County today we should see highs in the above normal mid to upper 60's. Rain looks to stay to our east this AM with rain chances increasing after 5pm tonight. Drying out tomorrow and windy and chilly on both Sunday and Monday with temps remaining below normal from tomorrow through Tuesday. Above normal temps return by Tuesday and we should stay warm through the end of next week.
Records for today: High 82 (1969) / Low 21 (1972) / Rain 2.48" (1988)
image.png.4d721737e819758b0fb953d3fec235cf.png

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I had to take down one of those long Welcome signs we have hanging on the front outside wall as the East Wind is continuously lifting it up and smacking it against the house.   Need to secure the bottom going forward. 

Please this is a G rated site tmi on securing the bottom and snacking it.

• Haha 3