• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter 2023

George BM

Yeah, Ophelia definitely has more of a fall nor'easter feel than tropical, as noted in the other thread. 

Ophelia took a pass on the trip to the nunnery, I guess. (I know, stop with the bad Hamlet jokes.) But I love the name. NHC should just put it in permanent rotation as the "O" name until they have to retire it. Only 2 "O" names have been retired and, offhand, it doesn't seem like there are that many English- or Spanish-language names that begin with "O". So that got me going. 14 "I" names (no surprise) heads this list of retired names alphabetically. (All the more reason, if we're going to go all Shakespeare, to put "Iago" in the rotation; for that matter, "Othello" as well.) 10 "F"s. 9 "C"s. Somewhat surprising that only 3 "B"s have been retired. Early in the season so prolly less likely to be memorable storms (i.e., "strong") but 7 "A"s and 8 "D"s. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

That non-call was pretty bad.

It was, plus the missed face mask. They deserved the loss despite a couple of non-calls though. No excuse to not be able to just run the clock out after the safety and free kick. They really do need to get some players healthy and back in there too- Gus going out left them with 2 backs that were on the practice squad, and both have fumble problems. The OL was not good in pass protection, and Lamar needs to learn to just throw it away.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, aldie 22 said:

Just landed in Minneapolis there's a mixture of depressed Vikings fans and happy Twins fans...weird vibe. It's warmer here than at home

Minnesota sports are a special breed of mediocrity.  The Vikings, Wolves, Wild, and Lynx (WNBA) all made the playoffs and had a first round exit in the past year.  Hard to imagine the Twins don’t pull the same feat.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Brutal.

He was a kind, compassionate man who was very successful at something he loved to do, and brought a lot of people a lot of joy. And there was no obvious  downside to him (although we all have our foibles) since not only have I never read anything bad about him, I've heard numerous people say that they'd never heard anything bad about him. I'd say that's the definition of a successful life worthy of celebration. And I'm a cynic who usually doesn't go in for saying this kind of thing. 

• Like 4

• mappy unpinned this topic