Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2023 General Discussion

hardypalmguy

53 minutes ago, hardypalmguy said:

If you believe the BS concocted story of a hurricane over a month ago blowing them up here, I have a bridge to sell you.  They are up here because the planet is warming.

Five very smart birds to leave their native florida, skip a ton of states between FL & WI, and land in WI. It will probably be an extremely smooth transition for them to go from 0 sub-freezing nights a year to 130 sub-freezing nights a year.

• Haha 2

Cherry Picking events does not constitute climate change.   Climate will always change because it was NEVER a constant.  These birds showing up is due to various circumstances the least likely being climate change.  Last I checked winters with snow and subfreezing temps still occurs in Wisconsin.   Acting like animals have never shown up in places they don't belong is just ridiculous as saying every one of these events are because of climate change.

• Like 3
  • Weenie 6

9 hours ago, Lightning said:

Cherry Picking events does not constitute climate change.   Climate will always change because it was NEVER a constant.  These birds showing up is due to various circumstances the least likely being climate change.  Last I checked winters with snow and subfreezing temps still occurs in Wisconsin.   Acting like animals have never shown up in places they don't belong is just ridiculous as saying every one of these events are because of climate change.

<Lightning head in sand> climate isn't warming, climate isn't warming, climate isn't warming. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, hardypalmguy said:

<Lightning head in sand> climate isn't warming, climate isn't warming, climate isn't warming. 

If you dare to challenge the most outrageous claims (new climate is 70 in January in WI with flamingos) or don't attribute every single solitary weather event to climate change, you don't believe in cc lmao. Learn how the weather works sometime.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

From Fri pm - Mon pm 4.64" of rain. Very wet weekend around here. 7.79" (3.53" avg) for Sept so far. YTD 23.84" (24.95" avg), so we have nearly closed the gap from the dry spell this summer. Very glad it came slowly, and soaked in really good. Some minor flooding, so no big deal there. The lawn hasn't looked this good since early summer. :) 

Bright, sunny day today, with a stiff E wind. Sun sure feels nice after such a gloomy stretch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian D said:

From Fri pm - Mon pm 4.64" of rain. Very wet weekend around here. 7.79" (3.53" avg) for Sept so far. YTD 23.84" (24.95" avg), so we have nearly closed the gap from the dry spell this summer. Very glad it came slowly, and soaked in really good. Some minor flooding, so no big deal there. The lawn hasn't looked this good since early summer. :) 

Bright, sunny day today, with a stiff E wind. Sun sure feels nice after such a gloomy stretch.

Always fun when an big event brings you right back to average!!   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

This has been an impressive streak of great wx for Sep standards, mainly sunny for 6-7 days straight and pleasant temps. Its now been a full year since the blocking patterns started giving long streaks of crap or fantastic conditions. We had a wretched 6 days of overcast I think in late Aug, now the inverse but I'm fortunate that the cloud shield of Ophelia remained east in Niagara/Toronto this weekend. I liked this Sep better than Aug.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bowtie&#x60; said:

omg, there is liquid stuff falling from the sky here. The brown grass is going to go into convulsions.

Well that was interesting. The first time the tippy bucket has moved in over a month. Good to know it still works. 0.50" was put through in short order under a thunderstorm. Could do that for a couple days in a row. Now, will it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Nice mix of colors on that.  Do you know which variety of freeman that is?

I'm not sure. Love the zoom on my phone. It's actually across the alley. I was in my office working, which looks out the backyard, and I loved the way the dark sky hit the leaves. Proof you don't always need sun for a good Fall shot. 

If I remember, it usually turns orange/red on top but yellow everywhere else.