Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023-2024 Ski Season Thead

Skivt2

8 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I'm going to try adaptive skiing next week for the first time at Ski Sundown.  I'm really excited.  I haven't been skiing since March of 2021. My legs just got too weak. Hopefully it goes well. I'll post a report. 

Good luck!  Big adaptive camp going on at Stowe right now. Wounded Warriors.  These folks go full send.  Never lose hope on skiing or riding.

IMG_7825.thumb.jpeg.fd080056e5a687a3d47e1ea28807153f.jpeg

IMG_7824.thumb.jpeg.3105a35b5d1e9509fa4de2ae8d91f5b0.jpeg

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I'm going to try adaptive skiing next week for the first time at Ski Sundown.  I'm really excited.  I haven't been skiing since March of 2021. My legs just got too weak. Hopefully it goes well. I'll post a report. 

Good luck. I hope you like it. I know you’ve had a rough go so I’m glad you are finding something to enjoy. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mreaves said:

You would think people breaking rules and getting lost and costing tax payers and the resort tens of thousands of dollars would lead to automatic pass loss, not “considering”

My guess is these are a lot of well connected and wealthy people and they are worried about losing their business 

I did midnight madness there probably 20 years ago. It's when they went to 2am. I was getting ready to leave right after midnight when a cold front came through and dropped an inch of the lightest powder - kept me going almost to the end. I got to bed sometime around three and had to get up the next morning early - that was difficult. Back then it was a big college crowd. Lots of fires around the mountain and lot of drinking. I assume things are much calmer now. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Angus said:

I did midnight madness there probably 20 years ago. It's when they went to 2am. I was getting ready to leave right after midnight when a cold front came through and dropped an inch of the lightest powder - kept me going almost to the end. I got to bed sometime around three and had to get up the next morning early - that was difficult. Back then it was a big college crowd. Lots of fires around the mountain and lot of drinking. I assume things are much calmer now. 

A little calmer 

mostly 16-25 year old dudes so not calm 

1 hour ago, Angus said:

I am well beyond my college years, but that sounds like a lot of fun.

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Ryan how was BC totally jealous 

Incredible.

They've had a pretty brutal season but we lucked out. Fresh powder most mornings and they had just enough snow the last couple weeks to open up the whole alpine. 

Looks like a disaster there now with heavy rain continuing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Yesterdays report showed Whistler had 62” depth at top and 2” at bottom . Lol

I was there last year and it rained every day in the village and was sunny in the alpine. 0" base in the village and >100" in the alpine. 

It's the craziest weather variation I've ever seen day in and day out. 

• Like 1

I skied at Ski Sundown last night for my adaptive skiing lesson.  At first I tried a mono ski.  But I couldn't balance myself with my arms and kept falling over. So we switched over to there brand new Rossignol Snow Cart.

This cart let's me lye down and control the ski's with poles.  I can snowplow,  turn and brake to control my speed.  Unfortunately I can't use it solo as the base is spring loaded for boarding a chairlift.  The chairlift has to be stopped for loading. 

We took 3 Runs down from the summit.  Tom's Treat, Canyon and Nor'Easter. It felt good to ski these trails again. I got some speed on these trails. There a nice group of people.  Very friendly and Patient.  My next lesson is on February 7th. 

20240131_182501_copy_1209x1612.jpg

• Like 19

4 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I skied at Ski Sundown last night for my adaptive skiing lesson.  At first I tried a mono ski.  But I couldn't balance myself with my arms and kept falling over. So we switched over to there brand new Rossignol Snow Cart.

This cart let's me lye down and control the ski's with poles.  I can snowplow,  turn and brake to control my speed.  Unfortunately I can't use it solo as the base is spring loaded for boarding a chairlift.  The chairlift has to be stopped for loading. 

We took 3 Runs down from the summit.  Tom's Treat, Canyon and Nor'Easter. It felt good to ski these trails again. I got some speed on these trails. There a nice group of people.  Very friendly and Patient.  My next lesson is on February 7th. 

You are an inspiration 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

So awesome, that's what its all about. I miss Sundown, some really fun trails there for a small hill. 

4 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

That's awesome. Glad you had a good time and can't wait to see more!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Thanks for the post.  It put a smile on my face. So great that you are out there on the mountain. 

• Like 1

Skied at Waterville Valley today. Poor visibility but good snow. Base is not deep and did not venture into the woods and not sure I would right now but it was a good day. Talking to an employee, it sounds like the gondola from the town center is a go plus some additional trail expansion. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

That's awesome, looks like St Patricks day.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Nice view of a snow capped Mount Monadnock to the Northwest from near the summit of Wachusett this morning 

A bit earlier this morning...wonderful to see the sun.

PXL_20240203_123212552-EDIT.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Angus said:

A bit earlier this morning...wonderful to see the sun.

PXL_20240203_123212552-EDIT.jpg

Wow, those windmills.  

Lived in Westminstah 2 yrs, had a great view of Wachusett. Loved this view from Wachusett- my old digs were in this view,... those things are hideous. Feck.

• Confused 2