Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Discobs 2023

George BM

7 minutes ago, alexderiemer said:

Hard to tell with Dover radar down, but it looks like this storm is rotating. Screenshot_20230719_084139_RadarScope.jpgScreenshot_20230719_084234_RadarScope.jpg

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

DEC005-191315-
/O.CON.KPHI.SV.W.0208.000000T0000Z-230719T1315Z/
Sussex DE-
847 AM EDT Wed Jul 19 2023

...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 915 AM EDT
FOR CENTRAL SUSSEX COUNTY...

At 846 AM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located near Bridgeville, or
near Georgetown, moving east at 30 mph.

HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts and nickel size hail.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Damage to roofs, siding, trees, and power lines is 
         possible.

Locations impacted include...
Georgetown, Seaford, Laurel, Milton, Bridgeville, Ellendale,
Sycamore, Gumboro, Blades and Bethel.

DEC005-191315-/O.CON.KPHI.SV.W.0208.000000T0000Z-230719T1315Z/Sussex DE-847 AM EDT Wed Jul 19 2023...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 915 AM EDTFOR CENTRAL SUSSEX COUNTY...At 846 AM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located near Bridgeville, ornear Georgetown, moving east at 30 mph.HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts and nickel size hail.SOURCE...Radar indicated.IMPACT...Damage to roofs, siding, trees, and power lines is         possible.Locations impacted include...Georgetown, Seaford, Laurel, Milton, Bridgeville, Ellendale,Sycamore, Gumboro, Blades and Bethel.

I was aware of that warning, but no mention of a tornado threat in the text. It's hard to tell having to compare against velocity data from DIX and LWX

2 minutes ago, alexderiemer said:

I was aware of that warning, but no mention of a tornado threat in the text. It's hard to tell having to compare against velocity data from DIX and LWX

Looked like 2 storms merged just west of that area, so maybe that interaction produced some weak rotation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

That was a lovely morning rain. Over 0.4”. Sorry to see Carroll county missed out again.

It’s never going to rain here again. Seriously though it’s needs too. I see the gfs and euro cranking the heat at the end of the month now. 

19 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

It's ok. This winter we're going to get 70" of snow while DC Metro gets 9" on the season lol. 

Snow or not, I’d expect the drought to get busted in dramatic fashion later this year one way or another.

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Snow or not, I’d expect the drought to get busted in dramatic fashion later this year one way or another.

I can't recall the specific year, but I recall that one time when we got like 13 inches of rain from August through September. That was pretty cool. Of course I could be off by a few inches. 

10 minutes ago, TSSN+ said:

Not sure how that’s good? I don’t want my grass, trees and plants to die and fire risk to get high. 

May be short lived. All ens still show a central/west ridge with a downstream trough in the east. CFS weeklies has it all the way through end of aug

Hopefully not as bad as the first time. But every time we get sustained NW flow, we’ll get some of it at least until fall. 

I’m wondering when we’ll actually get a region-wide system that slides right underneath our latitude instead of relying on perfectly timed vorts pinwheeling around what seems like an endless stream of upper Midwest to New England sliders.
  • Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic