• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

There’s definitely going to be at least a narrow swath of significant totals tomorrow in the 6-8” range but it’s just a matter of how widespread that swath is and what are the highest totals. The degree of lift over the region aided by a pretty intense ulvl jet and llvl theta-e is going to be bad news. 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

There’s definitely going to be at least a narrow swath of significant totals tomorrow in the 6-8” range but it’s just a matter of how widespread that swath is and what are the highest totals. The degree of lift over the region aided by a pretty intense ulvl jet and llvl theta-e is going to be bad news. 

Not to mention soils are saturated, rivers and streams are running very high, etc. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Not gonna lie - this is a frightening look. 

download.png

As we’ve seen several times across the northeast this past month, the atmosphere seems to want to drop big rain amounts.

The water table region wide is very high, any of these events will cause big impacts. Active jet (great divergence aloft) and upper level energy with troughs continually interacting with this moisture rich air. High PWATS all the time now.

How often do we see 5-10” rain amounts forecast? Seems like each event now.  Wild stuff.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

yup that’s can’t go overlooked here at all. We get widespread 3-4”+ in a short amount of time and it’s going to be ugly. 

Was thinking about it this morning actually…this seems like a long duration flood for the CT river. Not expected to drop below flood stage for the next few days. 

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Was thinking about it this morning actually…this seems like a long duration flood for the CT river. Not expected to drop below flood stage for the next few days. 

Have to see what the NAM comes in with but it seems pretty difficult to not expect a widespread 3-4”. The rainfall rates are going to be insane with those PWATS and Convective elements. 

12 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Not to mention soils are saturated, rivers and streams are running very high, etc. 

My gutters drain underground, last storm it was apparently filled and was bubbling over. Saw the same thing yesterday in Auburn at a house I was doing during the down pour yesterday. Hasn't happened since I've been here for 29 years.

• Sad 2

Just now, DavisStraight said:

My gutters drain underground, last storm it was apparently filled and was bubbling over. Saw the same thing yesterday in Auburn at a house I was doing during the down pour. Hasn't happened since I've been here for 29 years.

I know we mostly kid with the Stein stuff, but I truly feel like I’m living on a different planet down here.

my gutters run underground and drop into a ditch behind my property. The ditch was dry today, despite the recent rainfall we’ve had. It just hasn’t been substantial enough to really saturate the ground of overwhelm any water holding reservoirs 

16 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I know we mostly kid with the Stein stuff, but I truly feel like I’m living on a different planet down here.

my gutters run underground and drop into a ditch behind my property. The ditch was dry today, despite the recent rainfall we’ve had. It just hasn’t been substantial enough to really saturate the ground of overwhelm any water holding reservoirs 

It’s funny how much our opinions are based on other regional observations and the jackpot zone.

TAN is on pace for an 8-inch July based on rainfall through the first 14 days.

Stein lol. But it’s true that ORH and BDL are on a 16-inch pace.

• Haha 1