• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

43 minutes ago, paweather said:

Friday night looks to be a tough one in Hershey. 

Is that the Outlaw festival with Willie? I was fortunate to hang out with him quite a bit in college (he recorded an album in our town and was just hanging around the small city). If so, there's enough weed for everyone to ignore the heat. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Is that the Outlaw festival with Willie? I was fortunate to hang out with him quite a bit in college (he recorded an album in our town and was just hanging around the small city). If so, there's enough weed for everyone to ignore the heat. 

Probably so in terms of weed. We don't do weed but beer is fine with me. LOL. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonesy56 said:

@canderson @anotherman me and the lady are getting some food then heading down to the river front.. won’t clog the thread but message me if you want to meet up for a couple minutes later. Hot but not too bad tonight all things considered.

Will do - I’m nit hewed down until 815 or so - you’ll find me at the Troegs tent!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, canderson said:

5 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

The HRRR and Fv3 leave little doubt about 90's tomorrow having most of the LSV over 90 before lunch so the afternoon rains it predicts do not blunt getting to the mark. . 

HR signs off this afternoon and the conversation immediately migrates to weed and blunts...

• Haha 1

11:32p Noisy storm with lots of lightening out in Western PA coming our way. Weather guy said it is breaking up and weakening but still looks good enough to make it to Williamsport. If it is mostly just rain with not much show, that is fine by me and I am sure everyone else. 

46 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Yes the weeds are growing quite well with all this rain recently. The blunts are blunted from growing. And Voyager would be happy with these overnight temps.

Some pretty large differences in surface temps for the enxt 3 days on the suites this Am.  Today, the GFS and Euro have the LSV poke just over 90 while the Fv3, HRRR, Rgem show mid to upper 90's.   Nam is the same as the GFS and EURO and its cold bias is usually not 5-10 degrees cool.   It is a short time frame but I do not have any issue using Globals for temp compares.  Similar tomorrow with different models suggesting we reach 100 in parts of the LSV and others saying 90-92 will be tops.  

• Like 2

'Mornin all.   A nice cool low of 75 here.  Looks like MDT and CXY were the only official stations in the state to hit 90 yesterday.  Surprised to see so many scattered little cells around this morning.  Hopefully we see some boomers (storms that is, not people of my parent's generation) later this afternoon.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

'Mornin all.   A nice cool low of 75 here.  Looks like MDT and CXY were the only official stations in the state to hit 90 yesterday.  Surprised to see so many scattered little cells around this morning.  Hopefully we see some boomers (storms that is, not people of my parent's generation) later this afternoon.  

Step carefully!   Lol.

It has only risen one degree here since the low of 75....quite cloudy. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Step carefully!   Lol.

It has only risen one degree here since the low of 75....quite cloudy. 

Haha now that I read it again, it does come off like I was saying I don't want to see boomers (people, that is).  I promise that's not that case and isn't what I was intending to convey.  I love me some boomers!

• Haha 1

Northeast Drought Summary

Temperatures in the region were mainly cooler than normal outside of New England, which had temperatures that were near normal to 2-4 degrees above normal in Maine. Precipitation was spotty and there were equal numbers of dry and wet areas. The most abundant rains were observed over Pennsylvania into the DelMarVa Peninsula as well as eastern New York and portions of Vermont and Connecticut. The cooler and wetter pattern allowed for some improvements in the region this week. Abnormally dry conditions were improved over both western and eastern New York, southern New Jersey, central and western Pennsylvania, northern Maryland and southern Connecticut. Moderate drought conditions were improved over western New York and western Pennsylvania as well as northern New Jersey.

image.thumb.png.bc16649d02068dcf2aabea6e84493975.png

• Sad 1

Pretty disgusting morning temp/humidity wise I have to say. Heavily cloud covered at the moment but temps steadily climbing from 76 at 6am to 81f now. Be interesting if/what storms develop this afternoon. HRRR/NAM/HRW FV3 dont seem too interested in anything except maybe into the far eastern reaches of the state for today

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Northeast Drought Summary

Temperatures in the region were mainly cooler than normal outside of New England, which had temperatures that were near normal to 2-4 degrees above normal in Maine. Precipitation was spotty and there were equal numbers of dry and wet areas. The most abundant rains were observed over Pennsylvania into the DelMarVa Peninsula as well as eastern New York and portions of Vermont and Connecticut. The cooler and wetter pattern allowed for some improvements in the region this week. Abnormally dry conditions were improved over both western and eastern New York, southern New Jersey, central and western Pennsylvania, northern Maryland and southern Connecticut. Moderate drought conditions were improved over western New York and western Pennsylvania as well as northern New Jersey.

image.thumb.png.bc16649d02068dcf2aabea6e84493975.png

Very unfortunate my friend.

Somewhat surprised I'm still D0.

51 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Pretty disgusting morning temp/humidity wise I have to say. Heavily cloud covered at the moment but temps steadily climbing from 76 at 6am to 81f now. Be interesting if/what storms develop this afternoon. HRRR/NAM/HRW FV3 dont seem too interested in anything except maybe into the far eastern reaches of the state for today

Yeah it looks like they want to pop stuff more out my way and even points south and east from here.  Not sure anyone west of the river sees much activity.  But as always, we shall see.

• Like 1

Opinion piece on CNN says vacations as we know them are coming to an end due to the extreme weather (whether climate change or not) and the need to have less carbon footprint so less travel at all.  The heat people seek will find them at home instead of having to travel to it.  The article suggests people trend more toward being content and recharging in their home area.

Interesting take...not sure I buy people stop travelling until a recession stops them. 

9:45 and still cloudy but seeing some blue/breaks to my west.  78 degrees. 

4 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah it looks like they want to pop stuff more out my way and even points south and east from here.  Not sure anyone west of the river sees much activity.  But as always, we shall see.

Watered my tree this morning as the ground was hard pack. Within 30mins it was just...gone :( Not drought conditions but still dry

• Like 1

Yesterday was our 10th straight below normal day. That changes today as a very brief potential heat wave impacts the area today through Saturday. The peak heat will be tomorrow PM when most spots in the county should touch the mid 90's. Much cooler weather returns by Sunday with another stretch of below normal temps including most nights reaching the 50's for lows.
Records for today: High 99 (1940) / Low 48 (1946) / Rain 2.23" (1966)
image.png.efe84135c0dd0adb2e1543ebe15dc90e.png