• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

Some showers moved across Southern Chester County this AM with some additional showers possible through later this PM. Our temperatures should rise to near normal for the first time in over a week. Our chances for a heat wave for Chesco appear to be fading as it appears we may just miss 90 on Wednesday especially across the relatively higher terrain. However, both Thursday and Friday should exceed 90 before we cool back to near normal by the end of next weekend.
Records for today: High 95 (1918) / Low 48 (1985) / Rain 1.23" (1911)
image.png.f2411fa52911697c76ea82a07acad422.png

Appears to be a good chance that this month will be the first to not have at least one low temperature below 55 at DuBois-Jefferson County Airport (dating to 1963), and one low temperature below 50 at Bradford Regional Airport (dating to 1957). While it hasn't been a super hot month, it has been consistently warm - particularly at night - leading to elevated minima.

DuBois [days with minimum <55F]

image.png.5f4417d9eaaa880a6dafc71d8a2f9abb.png

Bradford [days with minimum <50F]

image.png.bb0ad26728e0d4d6fae1f55e2fbcca0d.png

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Good morning folks.  I've been a bit out of the loop weather-wise the past few days.  I was surprised to see so much action on the radar this morning.  Although, nothing has fallen here yet.  Are we still in for a severe threat later today?  Record highs for both Thu/Fri at MDT are 99.  Doable?  National high of 124 at Stovepipe Wells, CA and low of 40 near Sand Creek Station, OR (whoa that's a high low).

I just missed out on a whole lot of rain this morning - by a matter of a few miles. 

9 minutes ago, paweather said:

Be nice to us tonight! 

LOL, when interleague play started years ago the Phillies were good and the O's were awful. We'd end up winning most of the series between us. I fully expect that now that the O's are in 1st place that the Phillies will sweep them right on out of Citizen's Bank Park. :) 

• Like 1

Still without power. The ETR keeps getting pushed back 2 hours. I WFH. This is a day off I didn't have a chance to plan for. Not a cloud in the sky, the lake would have been a real nice call today.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

LOL, when interleague play started years ago the Phillies were good and the O's were awful. We'd end up winning most of the series between us. I fully expect that now that the O's are in 1st place that the Phillies will sweep them right on out of Citizen's Bank Park. :) 

I don't know we have been bad of late. Sanchez pitching tonight. I just hope for really good games, they should be. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Dean Smith must have coached that game. Stupid 4 corners basketball. 

The story reads that the losing team had played too many games that week and was cramping up, so they did not even dribble the ball when they had, just held with no shot clock.  They then tried to win at the end and missed their shots.  The only basket scored was 15 seconds into the game. 

GFS the waffler now has Fri and Sat hot...hot meaning highs of 95ish or slightly higher.  Has Sunday and a second day the following week in the 60's at 18Z. 

• Thanks 1

Williamsport and immediate area has been sitting under our own yellow-orange blob for over 45 minutes and it is finally moving away. We had thunder but little to no lightning and about 2 minutes of hail. Going out shortly so I hope this is it until after I get back. We got a lot more than predicted .17.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Nam and Rgem both suggest tomorrow will be cloudy and rainy enough to keeps temp down or knock them down after some rise in the AM. 

Looks to me like 3 to at most 4 days of 90s with Thursday and Friday being the surest bets. Right now it looks to me more like mid 90s kind of heat with only an outside chance that some of the proverbial hot spots taking a run at 100, mainly on Friday. 

• Like 1