Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

21 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sucks to be you...

...on the other hand, this is what we have to look forward to:

Another mean trough, or dip in the #JETSTREAM, will set up shop over the eastern U.S. through the middle of next week. As such, 90-degree heat will be non-existent, and temps should average 3-6 degrees below normal over the next 7 days. We’ll get a few rounds of showers, too.

MU to the rescue 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

.02 so far.  Dry under the trees.   Models dialing back on the day in general.   Longterm, the GFS continues to dial back into drought mode while the Canadian is quite wet.  The CMC has continued its weekend push and is now rainier for this Sat in the far Eastern LSV. 

Wonder which model will win?

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Stay tuned here for all the details.  LOL.  Friday looks slightly more robust now.    Even winners from Monday need rain fairly often for a period to break out of the drought.  

Too bad not everyone got to share on Mondays beneficial rainfall. The grass here is showing signs of starting to turn green again. My garden is looking better. Best part I don't need to pump water to the garden for 6 hrs. every 3 days. And the farmers got a nice rainfall too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

.02 so far.  Dry under the trees.   Models dialing back on the day in general.   Longterm, the GFS continues to dial back into drought mode while the Canadian is quite wet.  The CMC has continued its weekend push and is now rainier for this Sat in the far Eastern LSV. 

The Canadian is drunk again, or at least he better be because we have a party to throw on Saturday.  Sharing the national low this morning because the name is too good not to -- 26 at Wagon Wheel Gap, CO.  What a country.  

19 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Too bad not everyone got to share on Mondays beneficial rainfall. The grass here is showing signs of starting to turn green again. My garden is looking better. Best part I don't need to pump water to the garden for 6 hrs. every 3 days. And the farmers got a nice rainfall too.

It is good you do not need to pump and I am glad you got some a good rain!  My 1/3" was enough to give me a break in the AM or Pm as to watering grass.  We are up to .05 now today so a bit more and the grass will have had a little watering today. 

33 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

The Canadian is drunk again, or at least he better be because we have a party to throw on Saturday.  Sharing the national low this morning because the name is too good not to -- 26 at Wagon Wheel Gap, CO.  What a country.  

I think you are probably ok, but all the suites keep showing at least NE PA in the gunk on Sat now.  Those settlers must have had an off day when they named that one. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think you are probably ok, but all the suites keep showing at least NE PA in the gunk on Sat now.  Those settlers must have had an off day when they named that one. 

I will be keeping a sharp eye on things, that much I can tell you.  But yes, I think ultimately it will end up being a beautiful day down this way.  NWS agrees thus far -- calling for 81 and sunny with a nice northerly breeze.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Try to shape up, eh!  Blizz and I are seeing if we get to double digits before mid summer. 

the couple weeks off has screwed with my internal tally. I'll try and document better. Maybe i should order a white board for the garden shed where i can make notes of important things. 

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

the couple weeks off has screwed with my internal tally. I'll try and document better. Maybe i should order a white board for the garden shed where i can make notes of important things. 

Or JNS can program up an online tally sheet where people head to when they finish mowing. :-).  He can do that and the Sept 1 Countdown all on one page. 

• Like 1

Some showers are crossing the county this morning and some spots could see as much as 0.25" of rain but suspect most spots end up with a bit less than that. Near normal temps look to continue for much of the rest of the week with additional shower chances on Friday.
Records for today: High 96 (1945) / Low 43 (1978) / Rain 1.47" (1902)
image.png.88b91962eaf1692221eb993c1bf4e676.png