Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

2 minutes ago, radarman said:

Congrats on the hail folks

Here locally seeing some velocities on the UMass radar to 45-50 MPH in this cell as it drops down the valley. Not severe but not terrible.

That's headed towards me, Hope it isn't close to the end of its life cycle. Hopefully it will pulse up more as it heads south 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

That's headed towards me, Hope it isn't close to the end of its life cycle. Hopefully it will pulse up more as it heads south 

Yeah looking like it's weakening and ticking west also.  I could have used the rain.  Might get a few sprinkles.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Same situation here. 1.5" of rain under a nice cell to the immediate west of me. Nothing here but gusty winds.

Very frustrated. Tried to chase the cell that popped just to my south because it looked promising, but could never get where I needed to be. My area just sucks for anything interesting. It is what it is.

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Very frustrated. Tried to chase the cell that popped just to my south because it looked promising, but could never get where I needed to be. My area just sucks for anything interesting. It is what it is.

It's nearly impossible to chase ongoing storms around here. This is why I when my friend and I will go out of state we try and pick a location which looks "good" in terms of potential and we'll do some research ahead of time and try to find golf courses, open fields, or anything with good views. 

If chasing something oncoming around here I'll try and find a location within the path and get there well ahead of it. But to try and chase something ongoing (as it trying to catch it)...almost impossible. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It's nearly impossible to chase ongoing storms around here. This is why I when my friend and I will go out of state we try and pick a location which looks "good" in terms of potential and we'll do some research ahead of time and try to find golf courses, open fields, or anything with good views. 

If chasing something oncoming around here I'll try and find a location within the path and get there well ahead of it. But to try and chase something ongoing (as it trying to catch it)...almost impossible. 

It’s insanely hard, and deeply frustrating as a result. Between the trees, local road network, and interstate traffic, it’s awful. I’ve been able to get ahead of some in the past by doing what you mentioned, but that’s the exception to the rule. 

Had these storms developed west, I would have had a couple of good viewing spots nearby. Oh well. I’m just bored. 

• Like 1