• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

10 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

there's always tomorrow, tuesday, and wednesday 

Yeah you'd think with a chance so many days in a row, odds are high that my area will get hit one of the days. It's crazy though to have my area being missed by storms by a few miles in every direction right now. I thought the one just to the south might hit me, but I see it made enough of an east drift that it will probably miss. Hopefully better luck tomorrow since the activity is expected to be more widespread. 

10 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Yeah you'd think with a chance so many days in a row, odds are high that my area will get hit one of the days. It's crazy though to have my area being missed by storms by a few miles in every direction right now. I thought the one just to the south might hit me, but I see it made enough of an east drift that it will probably miss. Hopefully better luck tomorrow since the activity is expected to be more widespread. 

Yeah it missed me by a few miles too.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

There does seem to be a protective dome over Piscataway at the moment

Brutal 

Somehow I managed to not even get 1 drop, despite storms being only a few miles away in almost every direction. Almost funny. Slight chance something else could hit later today, but hopefully we'll have better luck the next few days. Storm chances are really gonna drop late week, so hopefully the next couple days won't disappoint. 

41 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Somehow I managed to not even get 1 drop, despite storms being only a few miles away in almost every direction. Almost funny. Slight chance something else could hit later today, but hopefully we'll have better luck the next few days. Storm chances are really gonna drop late week, so hopefully the next couple days won't disappoint. 

I managed .09 at home but much more just to the east including flooding in westfield

15 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

I managed .09 at home but much more just to the east including flooding in westfield

Yeah based on the way radar looked, I figured your home in Plainfield mostly got missed since you're just slightly north of me. Let's hope for better luck tomorrow. Would be horrible to go through this entire period without any significant rain, but that seems unlikely since it looks more widespread the next couple days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, winterwx21 said:

Funny- my wife and I were just speaking, over lunch, of how often the cells seem to dissolve as they approach our area (Hillsborough). Almost like a Bermuda Triangle for approaching strong cells at times. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nj08822 said:

More rain in Nazareth PA to begin Sunday.  We got slammed between 5 and 9pm last night.  Just relentless rain and t-storms.  Florida-type weather.

Hope y'all who need the rain get it 

You guys did real well last night.  Multiple reports of over 2.5” in that area. I am a little south of you and didn’t get much of anything.

5 hours ago, forkyfork said:

i have a good feeling about the west half of the metro today

Real interesting feature on the radar a little earlier showing a north to south oriented front moving from east to west across NJ towards eastern PA.  This feature was firing up storms along the way as it intersected different outflow boundaries already in place.  It looks to have washed out now.

With the upper low to the west the storms develop and hook to the left. As the upper low moves out slowly to the north and east development of storms will further east but also further north. NYC area residents looking to get their lawns watered have to hope the shift is now not too far the north and more to the east. The positive is that there's so much moisture and lift in the atmosphere over the Ohio Valley that has to sooner or later come east the odds are most of us will do well particularly later Monday into Tuesday when some severe wx is possible.

WX/PT

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tatamy said:

You guys did real well last night.  Multiple reports of over 2.5” in that area. I am a little south of you and didn’t get much of anything.

Mostly missing us, but last night was something we have not experienced in years.

Looks more active south, west and north today.

2 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I’m sure they are in for an exciting day tomorrow. We will more then likely watch a mature squall line fizzle as it hits the metro

South Jersey Alley always produces these days. Full on south shore drought pattern here. Maybe at home on the north shore I’ll luck out one day with a sea breeze front storm/shower. Otherwise just disgusting humidity. 

2 hours ago, BlizzLuv said:

Funny- my wife and I were just speaking, over lunch, of how often the cells seem to dissolve as they approach our area (Hillsborough). Almost like a Bermuda Triangle for approaching strong cells at times. 

We call it the Branchburg dome here. We missed everything today by a couple miles...did get .71" since Friday though

Thunder now, but it's just to the east.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Just finished my run outside and a lot of thunder and dark skies to the west. Pretty good storm in Somerset County but it appears it's gonna stay just to my west. Yet another miss by a few miles today. What a steambath out there ... frustrating to not get any rain out of this. 

Storms missing to the north, south, east and west. 

Very annoying for sure. Need more widespread clusters

20 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Just finished my run outside and a lot of thunder and dark skies to the west. Pretty good storm in Somerset County but it appears it's gonna stay just to my west. Yet another miss by a few miles today. What a steambath out there ... frustrating to not get any rain out of this. 

Getting crushed now

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Storms missing to the north, south, east and west. 

Very annoying for sure. Need more widespread clusters

The storm did just make it to the extreme northern part of our County and I ended up being on the edge of it. A little brief downpour that dropped a quick tenth of an inch of rain. Obviously not enough to help very much.

As you said we need more widespread clusters, and hopefully that'll happen the next couple days. 

6 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Getting crushed now

Yeah since you're a few miles to my north I figured you were getting hit. Just on the edge of it right here. A decent amount of thunder but the downpour was too brief to give much rain. I'm glad you're finally getting hit. 

It did just start pouring here and I see some backbuilding on radar with this storm, so I'll have to see if this downpour lasts more than just a few minutes. 

6 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Yeah since you're a few miles to my north I figured you were getting hit. Just on the edge of it right here. A decent amount of thunder but the downpour was too brief to give much rain. I'm glad you're finally getting hit. 

It did just start pouring here and I see some backbuilding on radar with this storm, so I'll have to see if this downpour lasts more than just a few minutes. 

Yeah it looked like it was going to stay west and I was telling people at a BBQ I think it will miss us....oops lol

6 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yeah it looked like it was going to stay west and I was telling people at a BBQ I think it will miss us....oops lol

LOL. Yeah I made the same mistake thinking it would miss. It appeared to be moving north when it formed, but then it drifted east. This downpour ended up being much better here. It's still coming down and we might end up getting a half inch out of it. Happy to finally get hit, but I know a lot of people in our area are still missing out. Hopefully it'll be more widespread tomorrow.