Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Extended summer stormlover74 future snow hole banter thread 23

BxEngine

9 hours ago, JerseyWx said:

Why is everyone so against heat all of the sudden? 

A heat wave is pretty significant in September if it verifies, and we have the potential to rack up more 90's than we did in August. 

it's funny how I post 5 day ensemble means showing extreme warmth across more than half the country and people interpret it as one day of 90

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Volcanic Winter said:

Swamp ass. 

I even shave my ass to help combat the never ending battle with swamp ass in NJ CFa subtropical summers. 

I vastly prefer the dry, frozen tundra-ass one gets in a proper winter over the wet, humid subtropical marshland of summer. 

This

Heat sucks

• Like 2

3 hours ago, forkyfork said:

it's funny how I post 5 day ensemble means showing extreme warmth across more than half the country and people interpret it as one day of 90

And if this were winter with extreme cold departures everyone would be drooling and going nuts, not discounting it as a couple cold days.

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

And if this were winter with extreme cold departures everyone would be drooling and going nuts, not discounting it as a couple cold days.

In a warm winter like last year I would not be buying it-yet we saw the same maps week after week showing cold moving east for it to only end up trending warmer as we got closer....

19 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Cansips looks great for winter. It nailed last winter in August lol

2 hours ago, forkyfork said:

it's so funny when we get a cooler airmass and everyone starts lowposting

50 minutes ago, Rjay said:

:weenie:

34 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

A meteorologist posted this but I get a weenie .

18 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Why do you care?  

Good late morning everyone. Rob makes a good point, 4 posts seven weenies. It’s just like training camp for the cold season. The games like the weenies are for practice. Stay well all, as always ….

• Haha 2

Third season gardening.  This upcoming hot week hurried me to get seeds in the ground for fall lettuces, spinach, and other greens, plus radishes and sweet turnips.  Some I planted last week have sprouted nicely.  Barring an early September frost (I remember September 9 one year!) I will have good pickings until December for these, and throughout winter, for a few things like the spinach, upland cress, and (especially) mache lettuce, aka corn salad, which grows all winter and is not one of the bitter greens, but a mild, pleasant, though small-leafed, green.  I am trying a couple of varieties of truly cold-weather lettuces this year, from Germany and Austria, according to the seed companies.

I have too much shade in my plot to grow a lot of the standard summer vegetables, though cherry tomatoes, pole beans, and cucumbers don't need too much. But in winter, with leaves gone and the sun at a low angle providing a lot of hours on my SE facing garden, there's a lot one can do to prolong the season.  It's fun to try various things.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Pellice said:

Third season gardening.  This upcoming hot week hurried me to get seeds in the ground for fall lettuces, spinach, and other greens, plus radishes and sweet turnips.  Some I planted last week have sprouted nicely.  Barring an early September frost (I remember September 9 one year!) I will have good pickings until December for these, and throughout winter, for a few things like the spinach, upland cress, and (especially) mache lettuce, aka corn salad, which grows all winter and is not one of the bitter greens, but a mild, pleasant, though small-leafed, green.  I am trying a couple of varieties of truly cold-weather lettuces this year, from Germany and Austria, according to the seed companies.

I have too much shade in my plot to grow a lot of the standard summer vegetables, though cherry tomatoes, pole beans, and cucumbers don't need too much. But in winter, with leaves gone and the sun at a low angle providing a lot of hours on my SE facing garden, there's a lot one can do to prolong the season.  It's fun to try various things.

i have oak leaf lettuce, rutabaga, carrots, and kale seedings growing in a community garden plot 

• Like 1

• BxEngine changed the title to Extended summer stormlover74 future snow hole banter thread 23