Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

2 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

It's over for CT.. except NW hills. Can't see the NAM being the only one right. Next year 

This season has been easy to forecast for our area. Choose the least snowiest model within 24 hrs and it will be correct. No reason to change at this point. Maybe the official death of La Nina changes it this time? I may just put all my chips in on the 18z hrrr....

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Awful model

It sucks severely for the students of St Martin of Tours in Amityville (and Massapequa and Copaigue).  Looking at Grandma's old house (she died 20 years ago) in North Quincy, it looks like rain and slop, but maybe even inside 128 some places would get a nice snow.  It doesn't take much of a shift to put Quincy back in play, Amityville looks near hopeless.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Early HREF. Through 12z Tuesday. 

Of interest to me: NW CT is getting smoked here, and except at the immediate shoreline we are seeing 2-4 in southern CT and some 4-6 in northern Fairfield and New Haven counties verbatim. 

2047929612_snowfall_024h_mean_ne.f04800(2).thumb.png.a3ff0a54679572203651d6fa7143d53b.png

Bullish for valleys. That's 4-8" already even at my 200'

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Maybe I am reading this wrong but isn't more of the spread out east compared to last night? And the LPs placements look similar to last night's EPS. Also clown maps are the same. IDK

eps_mslp_stdev_conus_48.png

eps_mslp_stdev_conus_60.png

eps_mslp_lows_conus_60.png

eps_mslp_lows_conus_60.png

I looked on pivotal and there is an oblong shape to the spread that is rather long from W-E. 

• Like 1

Just now, TalcottWx said:

Bullish for valleys. That's 4-8" already even at my 200'

End of range, but I absolutely want the high res stuff going nuts heading toward the event than going the opposite direction, which has been the case for a lot of our marginal events this winter. 

Also, I do want to say that I found it interesting that the Euro and to a lesser extent GFS want to chase convection with this low pressure lobe, while the high res does not and keeps a consolidated low. I know someone mentioned that earlier, but wanted to raise that again.