• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

Day #3 of my self-proclaimed "epic pattern - looking at what happened the past couple of days to our NE, and more importantly what's coming over the next 48 hours JUST to our NE...I feel kind of proud for my call made 4 weeks ago. 

Unfortunately...and the only way for me to make an analogy is to tie weather with sports. I think I just finished the MLB regular season slashing .352/44/137. Problem is, heading into the World Series it looks like I'm getting overmatched with a dose of nasty sliders and I'm going to end the year 0 for the World Series. And ultimately that is what I'll be remembered for. :(

Hopefully the pitcher makes a mistake and I tee off on one later in the series.

• Like 4

A big noreaster will form along the coast over the next couple days. Unfortunately for Team Snow....it looks to form a bit too late to give us much accumulated snow. Further Northeast toward NYC and Boston it could be the biggest storm of the season, Here in Chesco some more mixed precipitation will arrive tonight becoming all rain tomorrow before back to some snow before ending on Tuesday,
Records: High 80 (1990) / Low 8 (1934) / Precipitation 1.64" (1912) / Snow 4.3" (2022). That 4" of snow last year was the last time we recorded greater than 1" of snow.
image.png.f2c6b7517cfc225ca21cfdaff63ba90b.png

46 minutes ago, canderson said:

CTP has zero snow mention in my forecast until light scattered rain/snow showers Tuesday am. 

Fake news?

Here is the current CTP point & click precisely for Harrisburg…

Monday
Snow likely before 7am, then rain. High near 43. Southeast wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

9 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Fake news?

Here is the current CTP point & click precisely for Harrisburg…

Monday
Snow likely before 7am, then rain. High near 43. Southeast wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

They literally updated in the last 20 minutes. Wow. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

35 and light snow commencing.   Lanco continues to be real close to some real snow Tue AM.  HRRR has it and others are close. 

I'm watching like a hawk. :)

Problem is - vast majority of time, the snow shield with these storms is modeled too far west. When you're already west of the western envelope it's hard to get very excited. Just once it'd be nice to get a positive surprise and see reality end up coming west.

• Like 3

I'm watching like a hawk.
Problem is - vast majority of time, the snow shield with these storms is modeled too far west. When you're already west of the western envelope it's hard to get very excited. Just once it'd be nice to get a positive surprise and see reality end up coming west.

Totally agree. Let’s hope for a surprise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 12z GFS still likes the idea of 1 to 2 inches of snow for parts of the LSV & the rest of the Susquehanna Valley.

1E683F15-B1FC-41CA-AC2D-A67810547388.png

320B7320-7A67-47E7-A080-CEE0EE58DB37.png

I remember in years past we would be said to get snow then trended totally away but then not forecasted we got snow and heavy snow. boy how I wish we could get a surprise snow out of this odd too that it will be close to the bench mark but hardly any precip shield back to our area.