Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

1.25 to 2.2 inches qpf region wide. Reasonable people are keeping their expectations in the 8 to 12 range with lollies to 15

8-12” would be great but look at the inflow on gfs, it’s EOR for the best stuff. WCT gets the initial thump then it’s pretty much ip/snizzle while out east get it on the ccb. Just calling it how I see the run. No meh no emotion…

Can the gfs be too warm? Sure.  

• Like 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

8-12” would be great but look at the inflow on gfs, it’s EOR for the best stuff. WCT gets the initial thump then it’s pretty much ip/snizzle while out east get it on the ccb. Just calling it how I see the run. No meh no emotion…

ya that’s how I see it 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Winter Wizard said:

I don’t have reanalysis handy, but how does this setup compare to 2/9/15?

Not super similar. That one was more of a straight overrunning setup and didn’t involve a compact shortwave running into confluence like this one. It did have that northeast to southwest gradient in temps. 

This setup is not super common. CIPS said top analog was Feb 21, 2005 and that was a 5-9” type event for a chunk of SNE though it was clearly weaker than this modeled event…both aloft and at the sfc. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s been too long since WCT has stood upon the podium and as of now it looks again as if we’ll be denied a mount.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Superstorm93 said:

500 trends have been flatter, but you guys have the latitude to play with this go around.

Overrunning and the secondary low (if the primary dies fast enough)

48e94776-79c6-4047-89bf-478c6be0a127.gif

I think it's possible this smears out into another event similar to what happened today. Which... don't get me wrong. I'm not ungrateful ... it's wintry out there for a change.  4" of sand and snow and a blue tinted dusk at 24 F is a seldom scenery this p.o.s. winter..

we have to "de" magnify for one. All systems at D5 are bigger than the are in the near term. That's A.  B, no N/stream to phase... C, the whole f'n thing is trying to move into a confluence up and over a -PNA warm anomaly in the S squeezed between cold in Canada = raging boner velocities...

It's really amazing these models have that much QPF and holding onto this thing with so much neg head interference crap.

But it is what it is... I'll go along with the game if it's gonna happen.  But I wouldn't be shocked if we see this start pancaking on us...

• Like 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You’re in a good spot dude, as always, with these SE of CC. 

image.thumb.png.a46d74bdaf4853c0b71abf3c896e2107.png

This is far from set in stone…in the jackpot now is never a good bet.  Lots of runs to go…I think we’ll do ok. I know I’m more east of you(more central), and especially Seymour, but don’t give up at this early juncture. 

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

This is far from set in stone…in the jackpot now is never a good bet.  Lots of runs to go…I think we’ll do ok. I know I’m more east of you(more central), and especially Seymour, but don’t give up at this early juncture. 

Nah, no one is giving up. It’s all gravy. I’m confident in plowable here, confident Ditty loses his bet to Stevie with one storm (before March), and confident my yapping on a good closing and patience preaching for SNE is coming to fruition. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I still hold plenty of hope. Just can’t afford anymore north tics.. 

3 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I still hold plenty of hope. Just can’t afford anymore north tics.. 

It’ll tick north, then it’ll come south some. Better it ticks now then on Sunday/Monday. Fluctuations are always part of this…we know this is how it works.  I’m glad I’m not in the jackpot now to be frank…she ain’t done moving around. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It’ll tick north, then it’ll come south some. Better it ticks now then on Sunday/Monday. Fluctuations are always part of this…we know this is how it works.  I’m glad I’m not in the jackpot now to be frank…she ain’t done moving around. 

Mid level trend has been south at least I think. Encouraging. 

I think it will come north more, but not a lot. The blocking forces the low to redevelop, but that doesn’t mean it will go over the benchmark and give snow to the mid Atlantic and cape. Most guidance is inside the benchmark, not over it. It is very possible that the low ends up going over the canal, leading to rain snow line issues. It wouldn’t take a massive north adjustment for that to happen, and I really think that’s more likely than the jackpot being SE. Honestly, I’m rooting for that because it would mean a stronger storm even though my area wouldn’t be the jackpot with that track. I’d rather get 20 while someone north of me gets 30 than get 15 while everyone else gets 12, so I say bring on the north trends. In this scenario, Tblizz and Metfan would get some rain. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1