Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I love how it’s 50 cents cheaper in E MA than here. 
<_<

I live a couple of miles from the storage tanks in Braintree. Barge comes in under the Fore River bridge and there is a water way into the Braintree/N Weymouth area, and they get stored there, so I'm sure proximity helps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I live a couple of miles from the storage tanks in Braintree. Barge comes in under the Fore River bridge and there is a water way into the Braintree/N Weymouth area, and they get stored there, so I'm sure proximity helps.

Yeah there's this pocket of lower gas prices I frequently see on the upper south shore there that sometimes extends inland a little SW toward Taunton.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah there's this pocket of lower gas prices I frequently see on the upper south shore there that sometimes extends inland a little SW toward Taunton.

Gasoline? There is a pocket heading down rt 18 that is really cheap compared to anything I've seen. I saw 2.99/G at a Gulf near my parents in Pembroke on Sunday. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah Ray had a 30 burger in the Mar 2018 storm.

So it happens.

His problem is he’s trying to “compete” with the coastal and SE Mass areas in off-shore track blizzards, while also compete with the high terrain to his west in inland snowstorms. It has to be just right to fit into the envelop and “win” over one of those two types of storms that likely favor west or SE.

Sounds like it’s always in between those two to get to average.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

So it happens.

His problem is he’s trying to “compete” with the coastal and SE Mass areas in off-shore track blizzards, while also compete with the high terrain to his west in inland snowstorms. It has to be just right to fit into the envelop and “win” over one of those two types of storms that likely favor west or SE.

Yes, but its been more extreme over the past several years.....not just se MA....south of pike, confluence, everything...

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yes, but its been more extreme over the past several years.....not just se MA....south of pike, confluence, everything...

You live in kind of a dead zone like PF says. I would gather your return on 18 plus storms is much less than all points of the compass from you.

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's cheaper for us to get our oil from Rhode Island, than in CT. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

So it happens.

Since being on these boards, about 10 years now, following all the winter threads, it seems like that area is kind of a transition area.

floor is higher, but ceiling is lower. He’s not going to get parked like se Mass on an inland track, but he won’t cash like se Mass on an outside BM storm.

• Like 1

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Since being on these boards, about 10 years now, following all the winter threads, it seems like that area is kind of a transition area.

floor is higher, but ceiling is lower. He’s not going to get parked like se Mass on an inland track, but he won’t cash like se Mass on an outside BM storm.

Yes.