• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Mid/Long Range Disco 3: The great recovery or shut the blinds?

psuhoffman

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

As Ji mentioned earlier, it's so juicy. MSLP transfer wasn't that favorable but still an exciting run -- good thing we got 40 more to go

1674669600-q2vHxocGjFI.png

Just need another 25 miles southeast for the temp line and we are looking good. Lots of potential with this system based on the amount of precip alone. 

GEFS is a fucking thing of beauty for next week.  Best possible signal in every way from an ensemble at that range.  It's the GEFS so take it for whatever you think its worth but damn.  
See I was ninja'd by everyone lol 

It’s a little skewed by like two members that go insane

Still, NW where you are is in good spot regardless

Euro was able to hold on the cold better because a part of the NS broke ahead and phased with the prior event so we got a little transient 50/50.

If that trends stronger and flow trends faster could be a good event

Hell, 3” is a HECS at this point even up here in Philly

.23d2146508a36c4ea82c94035bcf3ba2.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cool, but doesn't the H5 map still show something that more resembles a cutter than a costal or am I misunderstanding something. 
500h_anom.conus.png

a90d4743044e7df692175564054e48ee.gif
Pivotal is having issues with the ukie, so this is the best map I can show. No idea the thermals, but a track from Virginia Beach to cape cod would be a giant step in the right direction

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Terrapinwx said:

a90d4743044e7df692175564054e48ee.gif
Pivotal is having issues with the ukie, so this is the best map I can show. No idea the thermals, but a track from Virginia Beach to cape cod would be a giant step in the right direction

Thanks for a rough surface low map, I was just confused on how the H5 map with the upper low to our left could be a costal outcome for us. I guess a progressive pattern helps make that happen. 

8 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Euro was able to hold on the cold better because a part of the NS broke ahead and phased with the prior event so we got a little transient 50/50.

Yeah, this looks like 2/3 is a complete swing and miss for almost all of us.

P21 would be a shutter-upper.

• Like 1

You might like this run for Sunday... shift in the right direction for most.
1674432000-SME9FlDl568.png

Very much so. Not typically one for clown maps, but it shows a foot plus for my area and points WNW - which I’ll round down to a solid 4-8” threat if I’m being responsibly conservative. The window is just opening, so there’s plenty of room to get places like Western HOCO, western MOCO and northern Baltimore county in on the action with continued improvements. I’d be lying if I said I see wave 1 trending to a mostly snow solution for the 95 metro corridor. It’d have to take a helluva track, and even then, we’re talking about a pretty shitty airmass preceding it - temps in the mid 40s all week - and not much cold air to draw in from the north with a lack of snowpack anywhere within a 200+ mile radius of here. If this exact storm evolution occurred with a potential wave 2 (after an initial wave dragged the boundary south and laid down snow cover to the NW) I could see the pathway for the immediate metros.

Certainly a long way away from a final solution, but you can’t fully discount the euro at D5.

My interest = on the rise. My skepticism remains fairly high, however. Especially with this first wave. There’s a lot of timing that needs to go right here. Amplify / phase too early and our levels get scorched by a strong southerly component. Amplify too late and it’s a strung out mess.

However… we’re due and all that, so maybe we can thread that needle as far as the NS and SS are concerned. Certainly seen crazier things happen.

• Like 1