• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Mid/Long Range Disco 3: The great recovery or shut the blinds?

psuhoffman

9 minutes ago, AtlanticWx said:

18z eps w/ some pretty major improvements for the storm on the 26th. less amped S/W & lower heights of the EC (555 line was in PA last run now it's south of DC)

Yea I see it too. I’m very confident had it gone out far enough given the setup there would have been a lot of hits. 

• Like 4

I actually enjoy this. I like the challenge. I like the analysis. I like the banter and debates. And I like the camaraderie.

Yes I would like it all more if it was snowing. But being here isn’t why it’s not snowing. If I wasn’t doing this it still wouldn’t be snowing I just wouldn’t be enjoying this discussion with you guys. 

So honest question/point… if you really don’t like the tracking and only want it to snow….why not just stop tracking and simply enjoy the snow when it comes?  

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I actually enjoy this. I like the challenge. I like the analysis. I like the banter and debates. And I like the camaraderie.

Yes I would like it all more if it was snowing. But being here isn’t why it’s not snowing. If I wasn’t doing this it still wouldn’t be snowing I just wouldn’t be enjoying this discussion with you guys. 

So honest question/point… if you really don’t like the tracking and only want it to snow….why not just stop tracking and simply enjoy the snow when it comes?  

Not how the weenie brain works, lol No matter how torturous it may be, the urge to look for some sign (be it likely or remote) is just one of them things that's hard to resist. So even some of the most cynical and jaded can easily end up right back in here! honestly believe there's a certain addictive element to it.

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Tracking these things are 2/3rds of the fun. Watching all the pieces come together. Truly understanding how a storm forms/bust/over performs.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, DE2PA said:

Tracking these things are 2/3rds of the fun. Watching all the pieces come together. Truly understanding how a storm forms/bust/over performs.

For me I totally agree. But some are acting like this is torture. If so…just stop. Nothing will change. It will still snow or not snow. No reason to do something that has no impact if you don’t enjoy it. 

• Like 3

NAM even colder heading into the Sunday event this run. Hope to see the temps improve even more over the next 24 hours. 

Wave is def flatter and in the 12z icon/ukie camp, but it’s the NAM at 84 hours. I’m really hoping we see a change for storm 2 on 00z models.

The 18z EPS is encouraging. Both the euro and gfs differentiate on how they get there for storm two57a787370a51728aa134a960b3537eb0.gif

12z euro (and now 18z) break a northern stream shortwave out ahead of the main one, this lessens heights and reinforced a little cold.

GFS doesn’t do this at all. GFS was super amped with this next event last couple days so hopefully we see a trend S tonight.

For us to get snow out of system two we need that wave near the Lakes in the euro part of the gif to trend stronger. The main
wave trended flatter won’t hurt either

• Like 1

NAM even colder heading into the Sunday event this run. Hope to see the temps improve even more over the next 24 hours. 

Think we’ve got a shot from my area over to yours to see some decent snow with this Sunday storm. Yes, it’s the NAM at range, but I’m zeroing in on the look at 48-60 hours, which is well within NAMs wheelhouse. I like what I see so far. Hope to see the trend continue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

I love tracking with you guys and the excitement among the group (comraderie) as favorable trends happen and we get closer to go-time. The funniness at times, the joking, the keyboard personaIities, etc.

• Like 1

Long range GEFS and GEPS have the NPJ rather muted.  In fact it retracts too far on the GFS, which is consistent with the general east coat ridging as depicted on that model's ensemble mean. 

Also the SPV continues to look as if it will be somewhat abused in the long-term.