• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2022-2023 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

Our mild weather continues today into tomorrow morning until a sharp cold front moves across the area which will drop temps during the day tomorrow down into the 20's by late tomorrow night into Saturday morning. We will also see some much needed rain as we have only seen 0.09" of rain on just 2 days this month. We are almost 2" below normal this month. I have heard reports that Marsh Creek Lake is as low as folks have seen it in a long time. The combined lack of snow and rain is taking it's toll. The good news is we could see between 0.50" and 0.75" across Chester County between showers today and then more rain associated with the cold front tomorrow morning.
Records for today: High 72 degrees (1954) / Low 2.8 below zero (2015) / 14.7" (2003) as part of the PD2 Blizzard of 2003 when we received 21.3" of snow - this was the 5th largest February snowstorm in Chester County history. Happy Pitchers and Catchers reporting Day for those who celebrate!!!
image.png.60d159ba0d3f134297930fae16385677.png
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

*sigh.....

I'm ready for summer.

Absolutely not.

I'll take todays weather w/a couple sunny/high temp 70s/low DPs days till October.

I'm at the point where I'll take very crappy/limited snow winters in exchange to below average Temp/DPs summers. We suck at winter weather and usually hit HR summers. May as well cut my losses and play middle ground...

*Moving has been entering my mind as well

Temps have fallen: Rain/53F...may turn on that heater thing.

53.jpg

6 hours ago, The Iceman said:

Congrats San Francisco and parts of LA on the 00z Euro :lol:

sn10_acc-imp.us_sw.png

MY god, this would be the ultimate kick in the ass for this winter for us if this did occur.  In my ten+ years living in LA county and the Bay area, I only saw snow a couple of times on the coastal ranges.- just an inch or so.  This year however, anything is possible.  I am waiting to see snow in on the ground in San Diego. That would be something.

10 hours ago, zenmsav6810 said:

This is the more impressive/depressive side of this winter.

This is a rare cloud type called an Asperitas: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperitas_(cloud)

Yup.  It definitely caught my attention and I believe it is associated with some atmospheric turbulence.  Based on the timing of it, I *think* that may have happened when a warm front was wobbling in the area and there was some mixing going on up high.  I had a screenshot of what the temp/humidity did right around then and both suddenly did a hiccup and stabilized.

feb15-temp-windchill-humidity-840pm-annotated-02152023.png

well guys, here is my proof.  For the first time ever in my 34 years living in Macungie PA . blooming daffodils on February 16th. I though maybe the end of Feb we might have a chance but today with highs in the lows 60's they bloomed.  This winter really sucks. I now wait for them to be covered by the end of the month with snow. To make matters worse, Verizon was trench cutting and boring in my yard for FIOS in our development- the excavation workers( some in the their mid 50's) said they have never trenched and bored in the middle February before as the ground is usually frozen solid.  The soil was like powder before we had a speck of rain showers this afternoon- just enough to get the ground wet. We need some serious precip that for sure.J5prRR-A4GzXXVPg4iV6yu1h1V9WqtmIypyy4FnUjkIVVTzJvzlNTdOWGKX6vAaYDxtd_H0POXdwyWpQjmqCKzkNvwyfyBA6J9MtDx_ztTdrpEeKN4FHesqhUs-r4wFRvArqjaeBk3zxtPUNxa9xWdbgjDjlISBT6i3iuXhNBPPq63DlXuVtDVswDFERsQxWyah1RM7_ev9BJ6UchThY0AGWKGeYzb9cQ2Fg448yFCVFCxB7hguZSv8QdZlbZKAc2D2jMDB0LjdH27doyVB23ugs29dC5gp5eptQlHy2hi4iCnwmdclXuIpqtU_UiBWmdizya-yBZvDkBL3dhZ6qKDUFd8H4NmHlYFFEgeKPLxGqmwyDPgMtYE2tmwJxjl2SbGEDlB-znd3KlfHPTy7gRO9WrDRq1qC0El45FixxDZPITnO6Yn5EOqsByZqzw1xsyKL6ZMhYGl-Z4q6FzLFOYfXtojFNQN90qiOcZAPbZ6sjM2z9_KBVUNjUnJ133V80aphR4Tw2Nd5P3_KcrEAs6m_nWOtZAoTO6bx51QtAuq1H-M-XPtLyRvLawPJpY2kuQIb1nssjJn8D50aqyYtF5TqNPRr8XVGwcfgrNdijNSBJx24xZaOrsTs9_w21BLkUWdF8wGsXruqSr2MIEsfwaUXG6rw2C1A7D0jSQJzjqlGFau90tmk7uDm1WC8ydI9NoUMBaWmq9KxLM5TIyl0jATO7nTnFbyJCJeRlN574O_Wt_Kn1mcq8C3Qtq41HwDRbVzI9R7IkSJdJnWsDt-5kAFHc_4_qSlLspblH8x0rYi8vzewqWxjoDvxOg8wvneV-YIOaleBnws4pWU68OYPRQTZ6OAejVIjz1iJoIKEywtyXUkNfynvM0yRvKKEgjRnE0U2J7U3XNCa9nQxVgpQj89xX60JScwcPM-LLM-IzSXkFLDj_=w699-h932-no?authuser=0

• Weenie 1

We should reach our high temperature in the mid to upper 50's today before noon and then see temps fall into the 20's by later this evening. We have rain now and should see up to 0.25" of additional rain today. Colder with near normal temps in the low 40's tomorrow before back to well above normal by Sunday.
Records for today: High 67 (1976) / Low 9 below zero (1979)/ Record daily precipitation and snow 1.84" of water equivalent and 18.4" of snow part of a 2 day storm total of 18.9" from way back in 1900. This was the 18th largest snowstorm in County history.
image.png.e7c09c94dcabe2c213621389f238dd6d.png
  • Thanks 1