• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2022-2023 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

Nearly got caught working outside when that squall line came through. Looked at the sky and thought "Oh, that can't be good" and then checked the radar. Sure enough, we were gonna get bombed. Hastily secured the worksite and beat feet indoors right as the rain started. Made for an exciting afternoon, for sure!

In other news, drove through some falling sleet near Morgantown about an hour ago. 

• Weenie 2

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

He/it/bot does speak!!!

I'll have 2, sauerkraut, chilli, raw onions and cheese whiz....

36F/windy

gk.jpg

Wait, greenskeeper/it/bot speaks then deletes his post?

Better eat your protein/carbs for the upcoming golf season. Fairways/greens will be sprouting early and need constant care and up-keeping after our non-winter....

35F/Gusty

grass.jpg

• Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Wait, greenskeeper/it/bot speaks then deletes his post?

Better eat your protein/carbs for the upcoming golf season. Fairways/greens will be sprouting early and need constant care and up-keeping after our non-winter....

35F/Gusty

grass.jpg

Greenskeeper AI bot has become self aware dude no lawn is safe

It felt chilly this AM with our low of 23.5 degrees but that is actually only 1 degree below normal. Our ongoing "non-winter" has us feeling more like North Carolina climate this season! After today we return to more of an Carolinas climate as we see temps back into the 50's to even 60's by Thursday! Best rain chances this week will be Tuesday AM and Wednesday night into Thursday morning. Both the European and GFS models have some accumulating snow by next Saturday....but we know how that has gone this season!
The records for today: High 70 (1981) / Low 7 below zero (1903) / Precipitation 1.08" (1960) Snow 10.0" (1979) this was the 1st day of a 2 day storm that brought 15.2" of snow to our County.

image.png.7d32ff5291b0115ea138a74cfc6c560e.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

It felt chilly this AM with our low of 23.5 degrees but that is actually only 1 degree below normal. Our ongoing "non-winter" has us feeling more like North Carolina climate this season! After today we return to more of an Carolinas climate as we see temps back into the 50's to even 60's by Thursday! Best rain chances this week will be Tuesday AM and Wednesday night into Thursday morning. Both the European and GFS models have some accumulating snow by next Saturday....but we know how that has gone this season!
The records for today: High 70 (1981) / Low 7 below zero (1903) / Precipitation 1.08" (1960) Snow 10.0" (1979) this was the 1st day of a 2 day storm that brought 15.2" of snow to our County.

image.png.7d32ff5291b0115ea138a74cfc6c560e.png

Thanks for these daily insights and hard work you put into these updates daily!  We had a low of 26.6 in Media coldest morning for a while.  

We are in full bloom here in Media never this early in my lifetime.  I tried to upload a picture of the daffodils but says the pic file is too large.

I don’t know what’s at work here but swear the sun angle is different this year like the Earth has wobbled on its axis for some reason.  I think we need a physicist?? 

thoughts out there the other card I will not mention is the easy way out?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

GFS an 12z has a couple snow->mix threats (pretty common thump to slop for the time of year). I did however get a kick out of the historic ice storm is shows around 330. Has a monster NAO block this run. If that idea is anywhere close to verifying, all bets are off. Anything can happen.

Trough still digging to Baja. NOT whatcha want

36 minutes ago, RedSky said:

ECM with the day 9-10 eye candy, especially with the expected fantasy north correction with the fantasy snow. 

I give it like 1/20. I think they're trying to understand the 70 degree day that happens first. I also think the changing of NAO is mixed in with this as being a variable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Thanks for these daily insights and hard work you put into these updates daily!  We had a low of 26.6 in Media coldest morning for a while.  

We are in full bloom here in Media never this early in my lifetime.  I tried to upload a picture of the daffodils but says the pic file is too large.

I don’t know what’s at work here but swear the sun angle is different this year like the Earth has wobbled on its axis for some reason.  I think we need a physicist?? 

thoughts out there the other card I will not mention is the easy way out?

Thanks Kevin!!