• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

56 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT's high was 58 so far today....between midnight and 1AM.    Sometimes they adjust it up so could be 59. 

ah ok I was on my way home around midnight It didnt feel to warm but maybe was me. but could of sworn the high today was suppose to be upper 60s as of yesterday. at least what the radio weather was saying when I was out.

7 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Of note is this shocker CMC panel which also has the ebb and flow from cold to warm the next two weeks...one very warm ebb.  It has never hit 80 at MDT in Feb (recorded history.) 

image.thumb.png.06284e21d9fd42ff974ccc8219f9e7ce.png

this always happens honestly the last few years when models show cold 1-2 weeks out it always gets pushed back another 1-2 weeks and the prev so called cold snap out of no where becomes a warm snap. so if I remember this time period was shown to be in the 20s but now in the 70s? lol a 50 degree turn in a week wow

• Like 1

I have only one question? Will the Mason Dixon line 25,000 ft wall please move 300 miles to the north? That dam wall is preventing precip from reaching our area. To hell with the snow- it will never come but I would like to see at least one inch of a good soaking rain with a t shower. I guess that is too much to ask for. I have had less than a .25 of an inch of rain in three weeks. When they trenched my yard for a Fios cable today,  the topsoil was literally brown powder.

1 hour ago, Ruin said:

this always happens honestly the last few years when models show cold 1-2 weeks out it always gets pushed back another 1-2 weeks and the prev so called cold snap out of no where becomes a warm snap. so if I remember this time period was shown to be in the 20s but now in the 70s? lol a 50 degree turn in a week wow

Yep, I read front page in the paper the other day its been so bad all the main weather foresting agencies are now printing there long and medium range maps on toilet paper, so they can actually use there forecasts again. I here all the extra green on the maps this year is actually just too much free government grape juice.

10 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Cue Allen Jackson's "Remember When": 

20 years ago today, one of the great snowstorms of all time.. known as the President’s Day Storm of 2003 or PDII.. was bringing blizzard conditions to the mid-Atlantic States. Ranked #6 on the Northeast Snowfall Impact Scale (NESIS), the system dumped 20-30” across southern PA!

I still vividly remember that storm and waking up and seeing just how much had fallen. I was excited the night prior because we wouldn't have school and then was surprised when it ended up snowing way more than some thought it would

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Cue Allen Jackson's "Remember When": 

20 years ago today, one of the great snowstorms of all time.. known as the President’s Day Storm of 2003 or PDII.. was bringing blizzard conditions to the mid-Atlantic States. Ranked #6 on the Northeast Snowfall Impact Scale (NESIS), the system dumped 20-30” across southern PA!

thanks for the walk back memory lane. I loved this storm. My notes show 32" for this, then added 4 additional Monday into Tuesday. 

we were having a great winter before that storm, starting off with almost 2" November 26th, 6.5" on December 5th and then the awesome Christmas snow of 13"

i finished with 79.5" 

• Like 1

From 57 at midnight, 54 right now, to potential teens here tomorrow AM.  Southern PA Winter 22-23.   MDT surprisingly in the 40's just after midnight but did get up to 57 this AM.    Both the Euro and CMC have a boundary runner winter storm 7-8 days out as the models continue to struggle with where the boundary sets up for late Feb.  

29 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

From 57 at midnight, 54 right now, to potential teens here tomorrow AM.  Southern PA Winter 22-23.   MDT surprisingly in the 40's just after midnight but did get up to 57 this AM.    Both the Euro and CMC have a boundary runner winter storm 7-8 days out as the models continue to struggle with where the boundary sets up for late Feb.  

Maybe, just maybe...there's hope to somewhat salvage the winter of 22-23. But it's almost the 4th quarter of winter. Unless a last minute  Patrick Mahomes comeback is on the table.

Chiefs GM On Designing Patrick Mahomes' Extension, Building Around Contract

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Maybe, just maybe...there's hope to somewhat salvage the winter of 22-23. But it's almost the 4th quarter of winter. Unless a last minute  Patrick Mahomes comeback is on the table.

Chiefs GM On Designing Patrick Mahomes' Extension, Building Around Contract

LOL, ouch!  Throwing salt on wounds this AM, eh? I will say this....JB's punt based on an unpredictable, LR MJO forecast looks silly.  2 days later and the same LR MJO forecast is trending toward being two zones away from what he based his thoughts on.  It is not ok to post 384 snow maps but 384 MJO maps are ok to punt off?  LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

LOL, ouch!  Throwing salt on wounds this AM, eh? I will say this....JB's punt based on an unpredictable, LR MJO forecast looks silly.  2 days later and the same LR MJO forecast is trending toward being two zones away from what he based his thoughts on.  It is not ok to post 384 snow maps but 384 MJO maps are ok to punt off?  LOL

This winter has been so unreal due to the lack of cold and snow. And the models even 3 days out and beyond imo just seem useless this winter. But maybe as everyone will look forward to spring coming, then we'll get unwanted snow and cold. But who knows at this point.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

This winter has been so unreal due to the lack of cold and snow. And the models even 3 days out and beyond imo just seem useless this winter. But maybe as everyone will look forward to spring coming, then we'll get unwanted snow and cold. But who knows at this point.

One could argue that the continued fake snowstorms showing on the models, albeit it LR, is based on history and data that is not valid anymore...or at least this year. 

We should reach our high temperature in the mid to upper 50's today before noon and then see temps fall into the 20's by later this evening. We have rain now and should see up to 0.25" of additional rain today. Colder with near normal temps in the low 40's tomorrow before back to well above normal by Sunday.
Records for today: High 67 (1976) / Low 9 below zero (1979)/ Record daily precipitation and snow 1.84" of water equivalent and 18.4" of snow part of a 2 day storm total of 18.9" from way back in 1900. This was the 18th largest snowstorm in County history.
image.png.e7c09c94dcabe2c213621389f238dd6d.png

5 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I still vividly remember that storm and waking up and seeing just how much had fallen. I was excited the night prior because we wouldn't have school and then was surprised when it ended up snowing way more than some thought it would

3 hours ago, sauss06 said:

thanks for the walk back memory lane. I loved this storm. My notes show 32" for this, then added 4 additional Monday into Tuesday. 

we were having a great winter before that storm, starting off with almost 2" November 26th, 6.5" on December 5th and then the awesome Christmas snow of 13"

i finished with 79.5" 

This storm is one of the fuzziest in my mind of all the big ones going back to 1978. I remember it snowing all day Sunday, I remember that it seemed like it was a very long duration event, and I remember that the Hershey Bears had a home game on Sunday night that they decided to play. I think there was only 200 or so at the Giant Center. (I had season tickets at the time and did NOT make the trek up 743 to Chocolatetown, LOL)

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sadly, nothing JB says anymore comes as a surprise. 

Though...I thought it was interesting that he of all people pulled the plug on winter. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I don't think either should be posted. :)  I'm sorry that I mentioned JB's thoughts. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

This storm is one of the fuzziest in my mind of all the big ones going back to 1978. I remember it snowing all day Sunday, I remember that it seemed like it was a very long duration event, and I remember that the Hershey Bears had a home game on Sunday night that they decided to play. I think there was only 200 or so at the Giant Center. (I had season tickets at the time and did NOT make the trek up 743 to Chocolatetown, LOL

Sadly, nothing JB says anymore comes as a surprise. 

Though...I thought it was interesting that he of all people pulled the plug on winter. 

Without my notes i wouldn't remember totals. But i do remember details. It did snow all day Sunday into Monday. It was one of the few times i didn't go to work. I lived on a dead end and my street was not important. I was able to actually enjoy the snow with my daughter. It took about 6 beers, whoops.......... i mean hours to clean my long driveway. At some point Monday night it snowed again 4" more and i missed the 2nd day of work as i was still not plowed out. Maybe this is why i remember it as i had 2 days to enjoy it and not worry about the snow removal at work. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Without my notes i wouldn't remember totals. But i do remember details. It did snow all day Sunday into Monday. It was one of the few times i didn't go to work. I lived on a dead end and my street was not important. I was able to actually enjoy the snow with my daughter. It took about 6 beers, whoops.......... i mean hours to clean my long driveway. At some point Monday night it snowed again 4" more and i missed the 2nd day of work as i was still not plowed out. Maybe this is why i remember it as i had 2 days to enjoy it and not worry about the snow removal at work. 

That account helped me remember a little better. I think we must have had some pretty good winds with that as I found a picture with snow drifted over 5' high against our patio door.

Older...and wiser.   
I don't know if that's always the case. I've met a ton of stupid old folks. Now, even if they're dumb, their stupidity is rooted in more experience (I'm quoting the conscience of our current global state, Louis CK), but if Jed can count to potato and has somehow managed to survive for 80 years, do I really have to concede wiser if he responds to my asking him to talk to me about his time with Neville Chamberlain by farting himself to sleep?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I don't know if that's always the case. I've met a ton of stupid old folks. Now, even if they're dumb, their stupidity is rooted in more experience (I'm quoting the conscience of our current global state, Louis CK), but if Jed can count to potato and has somehow managed to survive for 80 years, do I really have to concede wiser if he responds to my asking him to talk to me about his time with Neville Chamberlain by farting himself to sleep?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Sometimes people tell me that I have a quick wit...obviously those people have never met you. How the hell you come up with this stuff on the fly is impressive...