• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Light rain showers/sprinkles do not want to move out of Lanco - still wet and 47 here at work. Did not expect the wet weather to last nearly this long today. 

spritzed a bit throughout early afternoon, but dry enough in Akron to replace my wifes swaybar linkage but i did get a wet ass from the driveway. 

Better than playing w/ soaking wet firewood (which is why i took off today...other than needing a mental health day for myself).

Happy weekend ya snowless weenies.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, canderson said:

39 has been my highest gust - hit multiple times but it’s been sustained 20-26 since 10 am. Thought it’d calm a bit after sunset but if anything it’s stronger. 

We gusted to 41 here but the sustained was in the uppers 20's much of the time.  Already down to 26 degrees temp wise.  The HRRR's temp forecast can show its own way to the door. 

For the record, Joe Bastardi had not thrown in the towel. Here is part of his post from earlier this week. He is all in on a strong finish to this Winter!

“Well something is different. Its not spending 15-20 days in warmer phases It moves through twice as fast as average this time, instead of half as fast as average. 2) The seasons are changing with the seasonal change. 3) The La Nina is fading. 4 There is a stratwarm. So it looks like there are differences. 

So to be clear. Since the I-95 corridor has been snowless and this may be the warmest winter on record in some of these places, I am going to put numbers down for a test case

Since everything is done over/under, here are mine

Average temps of IAD, DCA, BWI PHL EWR LGA, the park, JFK. ISP PVD and Boston March 1-April 15. -5

Snow Iad/DCA 12. BWI 14. PHL 15. New york blend 18.
PVD/Bos blend. 20

So April 16 will score it up”

15 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

For the record, Joe Bastardi had not thrown in the towel. Here is part of his post from earlier this week. He is all in on a strong finish to this Winter!

“Well something is different. Its not spending 15-20 days in warmer phases It moves through twice as fast as average this time, instead of half as fast as average. 2) The seasons are changing with the seasonal change. 3) The La Nina is fading. 4 There is a stratwarm. So it looks like there are differences. 

So to be clear. Since the I-95 corridor has been snowless and this may be the warmest winter on record in some of these places, I am going to put numbers down for a test case

Average temps of IAD, DCA, BWI PHL EWR LGA, the park, JFK. ISP PVD and Boston March 1-April 15. -5

PVD/Bos blend. 20

The beginning of this quote is JB discussing the fast movement of the MJO.

16 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

PVD/Bos blend. 20

According to this, if we extrapolate his ideas & factor in our CTP interior location that can help us, we should get 15-20 more inches of snow by early April.

That would turn a disaster Winter into slightly respectable season if we ended that strong.

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

According to this, if we extrapolate his ideas & factor in our CTP interior location that can help us, we should get 15-20 more inches of snow by early April.

That would turn a disaster Winter into slightly respectable season if we ended that strong.

No - the fact that I've had 3" for the entire met winter season will not be compensated for by a big March. For some of you maybe...this is subjective of course, but a near shutout met winter is a colossal failure in my books. And most of Lanco has received even less than I have. (0.9" officially at MU)

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

No - the fact that I've had 3" for the entire met winter season will not be compensated for by a big March. For some of you maybe...this is subjective of course, but a near shutout met winter is a colossal failure in my books. And most of Lanco has received even less than I have. (0.9" officially at MU)i

I agree, a chance for this to be a good winter is over.  I am mostly rooting for snow now so all the punters feel better.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

No - the fact that I've had 3" for the entire met winter season will not be compensated for by a big March. For some of you maybe...this is subjective of course, but a near shutout met winter is a colossal failure in my books. And most of Lanco has received even less than I have. (0.9" officially at MU)

That’s why I said if we got 15-20 by early April that it would make the Winter become slightly respectable to me when all is said & done.

That would mean that MDT would have a 20 plus inch snow Winter, which would still be below average, but it would be a more respectable snow total when compared with other poor snow years over the decades.