• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

14 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Lol, it’s bad everywhere except Buffalo & Caribou in the east.
My only point, again no dirt kicking…. Is that the folks that have 0.4 would love to have the 10 that Williamsport has now. The people that have 10, would love to have the 30+ that parts of upstate NY have now. It’s all bad, but relative to the location.

At no point did I ever say it was not that bad around here!

That snow that I have had is more or less been paste. Every snowfall this year. 2-3” and then rain and freezing rain.

yeah 10” of shit snow. Then that paste freezes and you have 2” of solid ice.

But at least it’s more than most have had. :lol:

Been a challenging year cleaning my 150’ driveway.

AFA9507E-8DB6-44D7-9E5B-CAEA9998370B.jpeg

Yesterday was our 1st below normal temperature day since February 4th and only our 6th below normal day this year! Back to above normal temps for much of the upcoming work week before below normal temps and maybe a little snow to rain mix next weekend.
Records for today: High 67.2 (2017) / Low 2 below (1978) / Precipitation 1.20" (1898)/ Snow 12.0" (1972). Of note that 12" of snow today in 1972 would be followed on the 23rd by 1" of snow. It would not snow again across most of Chester County for 22 months until the 8" snowstorm of December 16-17, 1973.
image.png.9fb647f80021565c80195685880017fe.png
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Mostly sunny and 58 at 1:30...

Currently 53 at MU so I'm definitely overachieving.

I just checked. 55 in my backyard in Tamaqua. Your warm weather and my abnormally "chilly" winter is not helping my growing depression. I love Arizona, but it doesn't seem to love me back.

It's not just the weather, either. Being a caregiver for an elderly parent is tough. I'm happy to do it, but I feel so alone. My wife will NOT come out, and I fear I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life, as the older you get, the harder it can be to meet a potential partner. Especially when you don't have any friends in the new location with whom you can go out with and meet new people. 

I gave up so much to do what I feel was, and is, the right thing to do, but I feel like I'm going to be the one to get burned and shafted for doing it. 

Maybe it wasn't the right thing to do...

:(

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

We just got back from a a sweaty hour and half walk. It is definitely windy. Every day until Saturday will be windy. 

57 at 2:40. Thursday prob gets near 75. 

From what I can see if it gets to 75 that might be one of our warmest February temps on record. I think there's one day where it got to 82 and another where it was 78 and maybe 76? Even crazier is some of these Feb records in the mid-high 70's just occurred a few years ago in 2017 lol

1 minute ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

From what I can see if it gets to 75 that might be one of our warmest February temps on record. I think there's one day where it got to 82 and another where it was 78 and maybe 76? Even crazier is some of these Feb records in the mid-high 70's just occurred a few years ago in 2017 lol

We will be rocking back to back ~+8 degree AN months. A cumulative ~+16 for peak winter. It absolutely sucks and this winter is the worst I’ve ever experienced here since we moved here. Mostly dry and crazy warm.  

2 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

It has reached 74 or over dozens of February days with 10 of the 28 having a record of 74 or over.  The record for Thur is 75.  The all-time record is the 21st at 79.