• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

49 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The high at IPT for Thur is near 70 on the RGEM and under 50 on the GFS.   Global's suggesting widespread teens Sat Am.   Just like last Sat AM just a bit colder.  Into a rut with these temp swings. 

Just a roller coaster of a winter Bubb. Not much consistently in temperatures.

Watertown Ny 12-18” snow on Friday, 

• Like 1

Wind advisory up from 1-7 pm - gusts up to 50. 
We’ll have another for Thursday night and Friday. 
At least all the weak trees will be pruned due to our recent wind success. That may pay dividends when we get another Isabel that comes through.

One thing we havent had through is a high wind event immediately following an area wide deluge of 4"+ of rain.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Anyone have any idea how 28.5" of rain fell in Smethport, Pa in just a few hours in july 1942?

Here is a super geeky report. I read it was a thunderstorm.  http://www.appliedweatherassociates.com/uploads/1/3/8/1/13810758/smethport-asdso_paper-final.pdf

MU throwing down the dagger!

Unless the persistent trough, or dip in the Jet Stream, over the West relaxes/disappears in March, I’m not optimistic for snow in southeastern PA. We’ll need a “thread-the-needle” event to occur overnight for any meaningful accumulation. The hype for March may fall flat
Setting the stage for our great area wide 6"+ april snow, and a 8bn temperature which in all honestly would probably piss off most people.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Walk behind mower recommendations?  I was considering an Ego but starting to waver on that. I like how light now self-propelled machines are but probably get to get self propelled. 

I've been pretty pleased with our ego self propelled. Does a good job cutting but I do go through about 3 (one 7.5Ah and two 5Ah) batteries to do our lawn but it is a decent sized yard

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Anduril said:

I've been pretty pleased with our ego self propelled. Does a good job cutting but I do go through about 3 (one 7.5Ah and two 5Ah) batteries to do our lawn but it is a decent sized yard

The battery is what I am worried about.  I see it is $400!  That is a big cost every 3-5 years.   I had not realized it was so much.  

32 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Walk behind mower recommendations?  I was considering an Ego but starting to waver on that. I like how light now self-propelled machines are but probably get to get self propelled. 

I have a Ryobi push mower 40V and love it. I only use it to mow my front yard and trim the rest of the back yard as i have a JD tractor to mow the biggest part of my yard. It takes me 40 minutes to an hour to cut front and trim. Usually 1 battery will last, but i have several other Ryobi 40V tools, so i have several batteries

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The battery is what I am worried about.  I see it is $400!  That is a big cost every 3-5 years.   I had not realized it was so much.  

yea $200-600 depending on the capacity. I also have their single stage snow blower (POS) and weed wacker. I might have also prematurely aged the batteries since I keep them out in the garage during the winter and...you're not supposed to expose them to freezing temps. Whoopsie

4 minutes ago, Anduril said:

yea $200-600 depending on the capacity. I also have their single stage snow blower (POS) and weed wacker. I might have also prematurely aged the batteries since I keep them out in the garage during the winter and...you're not supposed to expose them to freezing temps. Whoopsie

That was also a wonderment re: do you pull the batteries into the house when done each time.