• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

47 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I just hit 60.  30 minutes before noon.  Sun shining brightly with just a few clouds scattered.

44 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Early nooners...52 and mostly sunny. 

17 minutes ago, canderson said:

60 at noon. Prob get to 64 or 65 I’d think - forecast was 60.

Smelling a big time overachiever today - sunny and 63.3 at 12:15pm. Skies are mostly sunny with a few summerlike cumulus out there...to my knowledge, this was NOT the forecast from last night for today. 

7 minutes ago, kdskidoo said:

we all know how this is gonna go.  we've had pretty much nothing but spring weather all winter except for a few days.  now that we're heading towards spring the weather pattern we all wanted for the last 2 months will start establishing itself and last well into May, if not June.

That's what I'm kinda afraid of...

Though - every cool day in May is one less day to contend with heat, so I'm okay with that. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Smelling a big time overachiever today - sunny and 63.3 at 12:15pm. Skies are mostly sunny with a few summerlike cumulus out there...to my knowledge, this was NOT the forecast from last night for today. 

HRRR has a very elevation dependent low 60's day for you.   Mid to upper 50's higher up over here. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

HRRR has a very elevation dependent low 60's day for you.   Mid to upper 50's higher up over here. 

Yesterday, temps were rising quickly at this time of day only for a quick plateau and step backwards by 2pm. It'll be interesting to see how things go over the next 2-3 hours. The sun is helping  promote a quick spike right now. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yesterday, temps were rising quickly at this time of day only for a quick plateau and step backwards by 2pm. It'll be interesting to see how things go over the next 2-3 hours. The sun is helping  promote a quick spike right now. 

Yea, it (temp watching) is the only game in town for something to watch except the little ice we may get Wed.  Zones sound a lot more wintery than the models for Wed.   Just for compare sake, the HRRR has you at 60-62 from noon until 4 so it does plateau again prog wise. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, it (temp watching) is the only game in town for something to watch except the little ice we may get Wed.  Zones sound a lot more wintery than the models for Wed.   Just for compare sake, the HRRR has you at 60-62 from noon until 4 so it does plateau again prog wise. 

Temp just eased back to 61.8

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Quite possibly. 

Still holding out home for some wet snow in March at some point...time for some good 'ole fashioned "mashed poTATUMs" that quickly melt. 

I am still holding hope for Feb though not this Saturday anymore....the late week series of low's is hanging around too long.   Early next week. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am still holding hope for Feb though not this Saturday anymore....the late week series of low's is hanging around too long.   Early next week. 

Yeah, I don't see any precip on the Euro within a couple of hundred miles on Saturday. 

Edit: that's only through 7am Saturday. Let the run play out, HR guy...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yeah, I don't see any precip on the Euro within a couple of hundred miles on Saturday. 

Edit: that's only through 7am Saturday. Let the run play out, HR guy...

Same result even if snow showers are within a hundred miles,  we lost the spacing that was there a couple days ago.  Squish, squash no snowstorm for us. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Didn't we also have a small snowstorm in late March early April a couple years ago as well? Even though that was a small accumulation event it was still wild seeing it snow that late into the season.

We had snow here on April 22, 2021. Didn’t accumulate on paved surfaces but my yard had maybe an inch (a bit more than a dusting, in any case) of snow before it was all over.

• Like 1