• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

5 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Yep the system is just becoming more and more brutal as time progresses. The fact corporations and companies do this to their employees is just vile. Because at the end of the day they don't care about you. I had one job in the past at a small business around here that didn't mind AT ALL if you had to come in late or not come in at all if it snowed badly. They would never hold it against you. They're a small business and could handle it so why can these mega corporations not handle it?

It makes no sense to me. An obvious answer is that it was a local business and the owners wanted to leave early/come in late or not at all too. But US has had thousands of business with out of town owners for over 100 years and in the past they didn't act like snow and flooding was in fact not happening. At this scale, punishing people for the weather is something pretty new.

This is bringing me into "don't get me started" territory. US companies want Americans to buy from them  and pay top dollar.  At the same time, they would rather hire a cheap foreign worker instead of an American and then treat all employees, American and foreign, like crap. I guess you can tell, I get so disgusted and will turn myself off now.

So yeah, I have no faith in forcing common sense and sanity on employers or people who don't have it, so that is why I say only answer is to close roads quicker and longer.

If we can teach the children to think differently, that's where we can see real change someday.

12 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Picked up .55" of rain today. Nice event.

The majority of the WU stations right around me are between .65-.7".  That final line that went through last night seemed to drop a little more out this way.  Still no gauge up for me.  Unacceptable, I know.  Just too much old growth interfering and nowhere to attach it that isn't too close to the house or in a relatively open space.  Think I might secure it to the mailbox.  Would that be weird?  :lol: 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

The majority of the WU stations right around me are between .65-.7".  That final line that went through last night seemed to drop a little more out this way.  Still no gauge up for me.  Unacceptable, I know.  Just too much old growth interfering and nowhere to attach it that isn't too close to the house or in a relatively open space.  Think I might secure it to the mailbox.  Would that be weird?  :lol: 

Oh that question that you asked - since you inquired with me, I say no. There's nothing weird when it comes to the sanctity of weather. We must do what we must do to obtain the necessary data to get our meteo fix. 

Now...if you ask my wife...the answer will be far different than mine...

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

That final line last night - my wife and I went to the gym around 9pm. (yeah, we're those people who like an empty workout space) At the homestead, the roads were "wet" but no puddles or running water. From Chickies through Columbia, lots of puddles and water running down the sides of the road. It was obvious that it rained harder there than in the historic district. I noticed this, of course...my wife was both lost and unimpressed after I informed her. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

My extremely low bar of 1” looking like it won’t happen around my area. Just a crazy poor winter!

It'll be interesting to see if we can make a second half comeback or if this will be one of those seasons that never works out. 

Part of me really thinks that we're going to bust through at some point. But it's discouraging right now for sure. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

My extremely low bar of 1” looking like it won’t happen around my area. Just a crazy poor winter!

At this point I am rooting for the major east coast stations to get blanked. Not because I don’t like those users but we need data to show how truly historically shit this is. A dumb 9” late March storm would ruin that. 

• Like 1

Just now, canderson said:

At this point I am rooting for the major east coast stations to get blanked. Not because I don’t like those users but we need data to show how truly historically shit this is. A dumb 9” late March storm would ruin that. 

Yeah I’m torn at this point. We’re just past the halfway point in terms of snow accumulation average. Still a little early to go all in on futility rooting. I would like to see some snow, but if LNS is at 0 by March 1 then let’s go full shutout!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

Yeah I’m torn at this point. We’re just past the halfway point in terms of snow accumulation average. Still a little early to go all in on futility rooting. I would like to see some snow, but if LNS is at 0 by March 1 then let’s go full shutout!

I mostly agree with this sentiment. I'm a big snow and/or a pack retention guy first and foremost. 6" of March snow that is obliterated by 10:30am is depressing to me. If we get 18" and if it's cold enough to last a few days, I'm more than down for that. Outside of that, when the calendar flips to March, snow just doesn't mean as much to me as it does in December - February.

When it actually snows in those months, that is. 

24 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Oh that question that you asked - since you inquired with me, I say no. There's nothing weird when it comes to the sanctity of weather. We must do what we must do to obtain the necessary data to get our meteo fix. 

Now...if you ask my wife...the answer will be far different than mine...

Ha tell me about.  I concur with regard to the mailbox; think I may move ahead with this plan.  It also allows me to kill two birds with one stone by checking the gauge and the mail at the same time.  Will also encourage me to check the mail daily, as I should.  I have a pretty steep driveway, so my motivation to traverse to the end and back on a daily basis has been......how shall we say, limited haha. 

21 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That final line last night - my wife and I went to the gym around 9pm. (yeah, we're those people who like an empty workout space) At the homestead, the roads were "wet" but no puddles or running water. From Chickies through Columbia, lots of puddles and water running down the sides of the road. It was obvious that it rained harder there than in the historic district. I noticed this, of course...my wife was both lost and unimpressed after I informed her. 

My wife couldn't care less about the weather, except for when it's poor or interferes with her plans, then I receive full blame for what's occurring :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The day pitchers and catchers report is the day I stop being happy about small snow events. If we're going to get 27 inches on March 4th, sign me up, but if it's just two inches followed by a week of mud, shit the blinds.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Today, Lancaster (MU) will tie the all-time record for the latest measurable snowfall in any season. Records go back to 1926, and the previous latest snowfall was January 21, 2007. 

Tomorrow, new history for the books in Lanco!

Yay us! 

Edit: The existing record for Lanco is 1/21/2007. so tomorrow we'll tie the record. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

You got the WS-5000 station right?

Well Lebanon County weather isn't giving up: :D

Good Friday morning! SNOW LIKELY Sunday
Another cloudy and breezy day is on tap. Temps today will again be held in the middle 40s. A stiff NW breeze will make it feel cooler so dress warm.
Saturday will feature partly cloudy skies with temps holding around 40 degrees.
As addressed in the header, snow is coming, and it's coming Sunday! How much? Likely several inches, but the details will need to be worked on, so a FIRST FALL can be expected later today, around 3 or 4 pm.

10 minutes ago, paweather said:

Well Lebanon County weather isn't giving up: :D

Good Friday morning! SNOW LIKELY Sunday
Another cloudy and breezy day is on tap. Temps today will again be held in the middle 40s. A stiff NW breeze will make it feel cooler so dress warm.
Saturday will feature partly cloudy skies with temps holding around 40 degrees.
As addressed in the header, snow is coming, and it's coming Sunday! How much? Likely several inches, but the details will need to be worked on, so a FIRST FALL can be expected later today, around 3 or 4 pm.

Forget stupid sports, this will be an epic battle of met prowess - Lebanon County Weather vs NWS State College!

Opening line: CTP -3 (inches) 

• Haha 1