• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

Just now, windycutter said:

The problem in SW PA (Pitt area)  is the primary.  Every time one tracks toward our are, WAA wins out with cold rain.  CAD to our east allows for central to some of southeastern Pa to receive more frozen.  If you look at snow maps, you will notice a small portion of SW PA with very little in the form of snow. 

No doubt.  I actually face a similar issue here.   S/W winds mean any snow falling is limited unless the cold to start was very deep/extensive.  But I totally get it, Pitt almost 100% needs the wind to not turn SW. 

1 minute ago, windycutter said:

The problem in SW PA (Pitt area)  is the primary.  Every time one tracks toward our are, WAA wins out with cold rain.  CAD to our east allows for central to some of southeastern Pa to receive more frozen.  If you look at snow maps, you will notice a small portion of SW PA with very little in the form of snow. 

If you change your name to windycoastalhugger you might see different results in your area. :)  

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Chris78 said:

Lack of cold air has been a killer this year. For you and me we may be able to get some slop over the next 7 days or so but it still doesn't look great. If I was farther up 81 into PA I'd be feeling alot better for the next few weeks.

Yea, I just posted about that.    If there is any push from a low going to our west, even if dying/transfering, you and I have a tough road until the transfer turns the flow away from the S/W. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

36 and it's pouring. I don't think I've ever been so depressed about weather. If it's going to rain, can it at least be 50 degrees? And if it's not going to snow and be cold, can it at least be dry?

If it's not going to snow, can it at least be warm? This being in Purgatory is actually being in Hell. I'm teetering on being ready for spring.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

at least all this rain should help with your Marijuana crops  this year

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, paweather said:

That is a good call. 

and if one were to further extrapolate....

700's look fine

850's look fine (but would be getting close down here if we had 2 more panels to view)

2m temps decent and would likely lead to snowglobe stickage to everything kinda snow.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paweather said:

That is a good call. 

its just funny how some make calls and get ignored, but when others "make the call" the likes are almost instantaneous "likes".

I dont post for likes, but its merely an observation that makes me (and I'm sure others) chuckle. 

5 minutes ago, paweather said:

CTP wants nothing to do with Sunday and really nothing for Wednesday. 

I'd bet tomorrow earliest...assuming things hold together today.  Even though the track is looking favorable, the temps are a concern for us LSV'rs and for next week....thats WAY to far out with lots of time to see where things go after the Churchgoersuntie event IMO

• Like 1