• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

Nice to see some chat about us up here in Tioga county earlier in the thread...not sure what to think about this storm, hoping we stay mostly snow up here, but this reminds me a little of early  winter last year, where we were supposed to get mostly snow and we ended up getting hammered by sleet...  we shall see!  happy to be tracking again.  hope the cold wins out in the LSV.  Sitting at 21/18 currently

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AMDEW80 said:

Nice to see some chat about us up here in Tioga county earlier in the thread...not sure what to think about this storm, hoping we stay mostly snow up here, but this reminds me a little of early  winter last year, where we were supposed to get mostly snow and we ended up getting hammered by sleet...  we shall see!  happy to be tracking again.  hope the cold wins out in the LSV.  Sitting at 21/18 currently

If you get an sleet bomb we’ll need urban food watches. 

6 minutes ago, AMDEW80 said:

Good luck up there.  I'd much rather be at the cabin in Gaines for this one, and not down here.  Enjoy and please let us know how you fare.

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

If you get an sleet bomb we’ll need urban food watches. 

hopefully neither happen!

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Good luck up there.  I'd much rather be at the cabin in Gaines for this one, and not down here.  Enjoy and please let us know how you fare.

I'll keep you guys updated tomorrow, hopefully wandering around in the snow tomorrow evening.  

8 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

Gfs juiced up the snow again 509f07c023d131b8a54d0b381786b1da.jpg

no way with the demarcation line of heavy snow through Lehigh county with these models. ABE does not get 9 inches while Macungie gets 3 inches. Just does not work that way. These maps are telling me soundings are the key to indicate  heavier snowfall. Evap cooling is the key factor.  I have many times seen heavy snow at 34 degrees.  Also  The South Mountains are the demarcation line of heavy snow in this scenario in the LV. Anyone nw of the South Mountain range will get over 4 inches in the LV. I have seen this scenario play hundreds of times in the last 30 years.  East Greenville will get 2 inches in northern Montgomery  while Shimmerville/Macungie  in SE Lehigh county gets over 4 inches. 

• Like 3