Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Foliage 2022

WxUSAF

11 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

The colors out here have been early but really bright. I guess being 15 inches above normal rain has an effect.

I was coming in here to say much the same - colors started much earlier around here than in any recent years, and lots of trees are really bright.

I like to measure the timing of the colors each year against what they're like at Halloween. Seems like the last five years (at least) have had lots of green leaves on the trees while the kids are trick-or-treating. We've got two more weeks to go, but the trees are already as far along now as they've been at Halloween in any recent years.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I was coming in here to say much the same - colors started much earlier around here than in any recent years, and lots of trees are really bright.

I like to measure the timing of the colors each year against what they're like at Halloween. Seems like the last five years (at least) have had lots of green leaves on the trees while the kids are trick-or-treating. We've got two more weeks to go, but the trees are already as far along now as they've been at Halloween in any recent years.

Absolute agreed. Best color the last few years has been first week of November in balt city. Much earlier this year. 

• Like 2

Drive from DCL back home and up to Bel Air today. Garrett county is past peak while Allegany and most of Washington are at peak. Worst color was near Frederick actually. Parrs Ridge was at peak and most of HoCo still not there. Eastern Baltimore county and Harford counties also seemed at peak. 

• Like 1

The earliest trees in my area are basically bare at this point, with some just barely having turned and others in full color.

My neighborhood (especially a few of my immediate neighbors) has lots of huge beech trees that seem to take forever to fully drop, but they're kind of nice to have around to admire the colors - they're a nice mix of green, yellow, and orange right now. But those things shed leaves and nuts and husks all year round. So frustrating...