• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England heavy rain event Sept 5/6 2022. Does this end the summer drought?

wxeyeNH

39 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This Sox fan is one of them.  He’s a very likeable guy.  He’s earned respect too… he’s like a Jeter in that regard that he’s immune from the Red Sox fan base hate that comes with the rivalry.  Certain players transcend that.   I hope Judge gets it.

Back up in VT now… a few hundredths maybe?  Was raining the whole way most of the time until about Montpelier.  Dried out last 20-30 min of the ride.

.33 here today. Most of the time it was light. Just enough to keep me from going to the golf course. :angry:

• Sad 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Very few got lit up . Yours is coming . Look NW of Yonkers 

Driving down 95 by Lake Saltonstall, the whole hillside was dull oranges and reds. I've never seen such widespread color this early. Trees are stressed, man. If we don't get some decent rain soon, it's going to cause problems.

Just now, Hoth said:

Driving down 95 by Lake Saltonstall, the whole hillside was dull oranges and reds. I've never seen such widespread color this early. Trees are stressed, man. If we don't get some decent rain soon, it's going to cause problems.

I was at Trillium Saturday south of Scooter. That area is 50% brown and yellow 

• Sad 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

I need you to rain tonight and tomorrow morning or I’ll need to eat crow.

My father says they are around 2” but most of that fell within an hour this morning.

Nah .. these events are very difficult to forecast . All Mets and all models struggled. No one has any idea where those narrow bands will form until they show themselves. You always need to be on or just south of the boundary to get those big amounts . This morning that was Woodstock to Charlton TH. When the sun came out here this afternoon, I thought maybe this area was next but it ended up moving south of me and stalling just north of Ginx into RI. Now you can see where it is along the south coast but north of most of the Cape. I would bet that SW CT area gets croaked at least for a period tonight 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nah .. these events are very difficult to forecast . All Mets and all models struggled. No one has any idea where those narrow bands will form until they show themselves. You always need to be on or just south of the boundary to get those big amounts . This morning that was Woodstock to Charlton TH. When the sun came out here this afternoon, I thought maybe this area was next but it ended up moving south of me and stalling just north of Ginx into RI. Now you can see where it is along the south coast but north of most of the Cape. I would bet that SW CT area gets croaked at least for a period tonight 

Yeah for the highest amounts for sure.  Scattershot in a way that it’s luck of the draw.

I still like the radar look for a more widespread moderate rain outside the 2-3”/hr stuff.  Everyone in CT should get over an inch by morning.  Seems to be filling in nicely?

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Pretty sure we nailed the axis of heavy rain. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah for the highest amounts for sure.  Scattershot in a way that it’s luck of the draw.

I still like the radar look for a more widespread moderate rain outside the 2-3”/hr stuff.  Everyone in CT should get over an inch by morning.  Seems to be filling in nicely?

I’ve always thought 1-2” here . I’ve got quite a ways to go sitting at .31 now . But Yes. Still think can still at Least get up to or over 1”?