Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

44 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

When someone sees a couple model runs showing 0.8-0.9" QPF instead of the widespread 1.0-1.4" for everywhere else... the doubt starts creeping in and makes some nuts with the thought of only 8-10" instead of 10-14".  That stuff is always sort of funny.  "No we are going to get screwed locally.  That little QPF notch is very persistent.  This event sucks already."

It's a bit more irritating when a blizzard-warned 12-18" forecast becomes a 1-2" forecast as first flakes are falling.  Especially when other Maine sites are shoveling 15-25.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not me. I will be worked up , worked over and wanked out when I don’t get the desired wx. Weather is 100% emotional and I cannot separate the two .. whether I’m 8 or 80.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Likewise.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I am 100% serious too. It literally affects my mood . 

I agree, particularly for winter wx.  It's probably immature of me to get mentally distraught over missing a snowstorm, or for the endless winter rains, but hey, I am human and there are certain things I enjoy.  Snow is one of them, as is evident with some of my posts.

Edit: The "anger" and many comments are tongue in cheek, and obviously I can function in society, and avoid crawling into the basement after missing the big blizzards. 

• Like 1

A lot of winter talk.  Interestingly over the past month I’ve had numerous vivid snow dreams.    Not sure what it means as I have no conscious thought about it but my subconscious is reminding me who I am......old man winter off season....lol.

Just now, weathafella said:

A lot of winter talk.  Interestingly over the past month I’ve had numerous vivid snow dreams.    Not sure what it means as I have no conscious thought about it but my subconscious is reminding me who I am......old man winter off season....lol.

I do this too - it's gotta be the abusively unrelenting jet pattern configuration that looks like  image.png.9a280efb6831f99dd83b94e8f3218b2f.png

I'm convinced of its subconscious directive dreaming influence. haha

18 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Wow. That thing took it's time. 

It’s the opposite. It goes from south of Long Island to the VT border in 4 hours. It was moving extraordinarily fast. That’s part of the reason why it maintained its intensity so far north. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Why, do you have some fantasy about living in a tent while your house gets rebuilt?

Mother Nature “uninstalling” window units from windows in 70kt blasts.

I give DIT credit, he will absolutely trade 7-10 days without power for a weather event.  Always has, always will. 

• Haha 1