Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s ridiculous. The Indians are still the Indians.. Redskins still the Skins.. etc. 

I wonder if you will ever evolve into a critical thinker outside of your own domain. 

The Inclusion Dividend: Why Investing in Diversity & Inclusion Pays Off https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V7YBRCG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7NAAC83B0V2V9WV9JN95

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You’re preaching to a segment of population akin to an extremely stubborn choir which will never adapt to change, nor will they accept (or understand) the term “white privilege.”  They believe the world revolves around them and how it was then, how it is now…should always be. 

Well ... yeah, that element you describe is at the heavier gradated end of it.   I was raising the point - or trying to...heh - that white privilege "influences" even those that try to see thru it.  I don't think the individuals involved in this thread's morning exchange are 'racist' or 'misogynistic' ... but we are of this latter ilk. It just can't be helped.  Not seeing or sensing the urgency in being called an Indian and so forth, struck me as abandon by circumstance just the same.

I don't know what the percentages are ... but yeah, there are those that don't want or care to ever see thru it  [ enter any myriad of reasons contributing ... from basic morality, to plebeian and/or "traditionalism wit's shimmering example of enlightened insight" <_< ]

By the way ... while on the subject of sociodynamic woes:   Roe v Wade just got overturned...

Just one small step for man, one giant leap into a populism regression ...completely not within the doctrine vision of this society's founding forefathers - 

Prediction:  the conservatives won this 4 .. 6 year coup interval, ...but they just f'ed themselve out of the longer result; election and voting turn out because this will probably galvanize a movement against.    I don't know tho -just a guess.

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Well ... yeah, that element you describe is at the heavier gradated end of it.   I was raising the point - or trying to...heh - that white privilege "influences" even those that try to see thru it. 

I don't know what the percentages are ... but yeah, there are those that don't want or care to ever see thru it  [ enter any myriad of reasons contributing ... from basic morality, to plebeian and/or "traditionalism wit's shimmer example of enlightened insight" ]

By the way ... while on the subject of sociodynamic woes:   Roe v Wade just got overturned...

Just one small step for man, one giant leap into a populism regression ...completely no in the doctrine vision of this society founding forefathers - 

Prediction:  the conservatives one this 4-6 year coup interval, ...but they just f'ed themselve out of election and voting turn out because this will probably galvanize a movement against.    I don't know tho -just a guess.

Agree on all points. Short term gain for the pro-life (just not after birth) crowd but a potential windfall in the long term. 

22 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You’re preaching to a segment of population akin to an extremely stubborn choir which will never adapt to change, nor will they accept (or understand) the term “white privilege.”  They believe the world revolves around them and how it was then, how it is now…should always be. 

Indians don't mind being called Indians. Your white privilege wouldn’t  allow you to know that. 

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I don’t know for sure but I think they don’t appreciate Redskins.   
But every individual is different

Definitely not Redskins but the hundreds and hundreds of Indians I have worked with and met have no problem people using a term they frequently use on a daily bases. 

Would be interesting to find out if a Roma complained about Gypsy moth or was it some directive to all departments to remove any perceived offense.  Government and all 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hopefully they’ll delete his nasty and mean spirited post. There’s no place for that filth in this community or any other for that matter. 

Why is that white people are always the first to go to the term white privilege . Many of us have mixed families as well. To corner a whole forum like he did was bigoted

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Definitely not Redskins but the hundreds and hundreds of Indians I have worked with and met have no problem people using a term they frequently use on a daily bases. 

Would be interesting to find out if a Roma complained about Gypsy moth or was it some directive to all departments to remove any perceived offense.  Government and all 

Yeah... I agree there are some terms ... really laughably included - or assumed to be a necessarily part - of the whole movement to cleans ourselves of these cultural biases and so forth.

Like, 'slave to' in electronic and IT ... it has nothing to do with humanism in that context.  But perhaps the mere specter of impropriety is enough to impugn for intent?  That's fascist in a lot of ways, if we really want to drill into the philosophy. 

Redskins is comically obvious the other way, tho - yup.  

My only point in this discussion is that we need to be careful that we aren't inadvertently filtering or biases based on a real phenomenon - white privilege is real.  There's evidences of it everywhere. But unfortunately, ...a lot is intangible and harder to explain or outright see.   Heh, it may be why everyone is changing names and labels, as sweeping reform doesn't bog down in semantics over what is and isn't allowable.  

Yeah ( LOL ) this isn't really weather-related, huh -

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Why is that white people are always the first to go to the term white privilege . Many of us have mixed families as well. To corner a whole forum like he did was bigoted

I don’t want to get going on this one , which is why when it’s brought up it should be moved unless mods are just bored and those bringing it up aren’t easily offended, especially if they can make judgements.

Its 78 in Bedford Mass and seems a bit more humid .

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s been much different than last year for sure.

There was a year around 2013 give or take , where the humidity hit in late May and didn’t seem to let up and there were tons of 90 degree days . That summer stands out as most uncomfortable in Mass for me .

So far this one is tame but it’s so early 

8 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

no, it's been nice weather, maybe slightly above average but not much in the way of swamp azz heat.

We had a company event all week and all the Georgia folk were so happy to get out of their HHH but were stunned how chilly it was in SWCT. Some went out and bought jackets for the outdoor evening events. 

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

There was a year around 2013 give or take , where the humidity hit in late May and didn’t seem to let up and there were tons of 90 degree days . That summer stands out as most uncomfortable in Mass for me .

So far this one is tame but it’s so early 

The 4 weeks from late June thru about July 20, 2013 were one long super-dewy run, with TDs frequently 70+, not all that common here.  Then there was a brief cameo in early Sept.  Temps never got past 86 that summer - takes a lot of energy to heat all that water.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tamarack said:

The 4 weeks from late June thru about July 20, 2013 were one long super-dewy run, with TDs frequently 70+, not all that common here.  Then there was a brief cameo in early Sept.  Temps never got past 86 that summer - takes a lot of energy to heat all that water.  

That must’ve been the year BDL set warmest month on record and it was done with mundane highs and ridiculously high mins.

24 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

For centuries, Romas were and are discriminated against, and were eventually mass murdered for being associated with criminality and destruction or otherwise.  I think it's a valid omission lol

And the moths were named as such because they were an unwanted, invasive species.