• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2022

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I do not know Arizona real estate but if you moved to Florida right now you would be taking a very large financial risk.  It's back to very inflated prices there.  I wish I had purchased a decent home in Sarasota during the recession.  I would have made half a million dollars.  

Arizona prices are up too. My mom would probably get three times what they paid for it if she sold right now. Thing is, my mom and dad did some major upgrades, and took a reverse mortgage to do it. 

18 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Arizona prices are up too. My mom would probably get three times what they paid for it if she sold right now. Thing is, my mom and dad did some major upgrades, and took a reverse mortgage to do it. 

Yea, it is tough to move to one of those retirement areas right now and not assume you are going to take a hit on the housing.  Interests rates go up and some of these crazy areas will probably go down quite a bit. 

4 hours ago, Voyager said:

That's even worse. The colder it is the later in the season the grumpier I get. I'm battling some deep depression and frustration (as is evident in my latest trucking video) and while I don't mention it specifically, the cold and gloomy weather is playing a big part in it.

Again, you need to stop whining. If you do not like the cold weather, move to south. Spring will not come until mid May. We do not want to hear your whining, please and thank you. 

• Weenie 1

Just now, brentrich said:

Again, you need to stop whining. If you do not like the cold weather, move to south. Spring will not come until mid May. We do not want to hear your whining, please and thank you. 

Go back to your own forum or put me on ignore because I will NOT bow down to your orders. I will post as I damn well please, so kindly STFU and GTFO...

7 minutes ago, brentrich said:

This board has fans of all kinds of weather.  It is a release for many.  The regulars here are fine with the warminista's but even if we were not, it is a free choice board to talk about weather how anyone wants. Let's see if your mid may predict is right.  I will give you congrats if so.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

This board has fans of all kinds of weather.  It is a release for many.  The regulars here are fine with the warminista's but even if we were not, it is a free choice board to talk about weather how anyone wants. Let's see if your mid may predict is right.  I will give you congrats if so.

Congrats I’m right about Easter and the sixers  :D

1 hour ago, brentrich said:

Guy says he’s struggling with depression and you’re telling him to stop whining? Some people are just too much. And I’d take below normal temps for 12 months out of the year if it could happen. This is an incredibly bad take.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brentrich said:

I feel like I'm the nice guy in this thread.

Having said that, go troll somewhere else. Be a better person than you're portraying here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Voyager said:

I'm just wishing I could relocate to a climate more suitable to my tastes, but with the wife refusing to move, I feel stuck with no option for comfort or happiness.

You can fight back against this right here in PA.  I used to work at night in law firms in Manhattan. At one place there was a girl who had Seasonal Affective Disorder who had a big light box under her desk and this was years ago. I am sure the doctors know more now.  

See what your primary care doc says and who he can send you to locally, if necessary.  My guess would be there are universities in both NYC and Philly studying this and who take patients if you wanted to do that.  

It is funny how you used to hear about this and carpal tunnel all the time but now you do not.  Why so many people had carpal tunnel before most people had computers at home and cell phones is really a mystery but I have no answers.  I haven't seen anybody with those carpal tunnel leather wristguards though since before the new millennium started.

Anyhow, see what you can find out and good luck.

6 hours ago, CoralRed said:

You can fight back against this right here in PA.  I used to work at night in law firms in Manhattan. At one place there was a girl who had Seasonal Affective Disorder who had a big light box under her desk and this was years ago. I am sure the doctors know more now.  

See what your primary care doc says and who he can send you to locally, if necessary.  My guess would be there are universities in both NYC and Philly studying this and who take patients if you wanted to do that.  

It is funny how you used to hear about this and carpal tunnel all the time but now you do not.  Why so many people had carpal tunnel before most people had computers at home and cell phones is really a mystery but I have no answers.  I haven't seen anybody with those carpal tunnel leather wristguards though since before the new millennium started.

Anyhow, see what you can find out and good luck.

I've thought about that, but I'm not sure if lack of light is the issue. I just hate cold temperatures, and driving a tractor trailer for a living doesn't give me much love for snow, either, unless it's a blockbuster. 

Thanks for the advice and next time I'm at the doctor I'll ask.

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

I've thought about that, but I'm not sure if lack of light is the issue. I just hate cold temperatures, and driving a tractor trailer for a living doesn't give me much love for snow, either, unless it's a blockbuster. 

Thanks for the advice and next time I'm at the doctor I'll ask.

Lack of light is just one possible aspect and light boxes just one treatment, I think.    

16 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

So, my big question for today.  Does @paweather take credit for Easter snow?  Not making fun of his date snafu...he thought today was Easter and lots of the lsv saw some snow.  

I'll take the credit, nah, anyways I love the matchup with the Raptors. Young team versus a Veteran team Sixers in 5.:D