Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2022

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You called it last night! 

Well, you called this "event" a week or more out when frankly, I wasn't even paying attention.

Anyway...sky had grown VERY dark...had a brief burst of rain/graupel mix that quickly transitioned to heavy snow. All of it lasted just a few minutes. But it was very cool indeed. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Well, you called this "event" a week or more out when frankly, I wasn't even paying attention.

Anyway...sky had grown VERY dark...had a brief burst of rain/graupel mix that quickly transitioned to heavy snow. All of it lasted just a few minutes. But it was very cool indeed. 

It did not turn out to be as snowy as two weeks ago but I guess my "similar" remark allows room for movement on either side :-).  It is only 39 here right now with a wind chill of 28.  My tennis partner still wants to play and I am not so happy about that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

EC in the low 70's at that time so a mix of the two.    EC is low 80's the day before though.  Interesting comment...it would not take a whole lot of change for the EC to show snow on Easter FWIW. At least for colder areas of PA. 

That's the thing with this. Normally I'd be ecstatic with those temps, but the possibility of following that up with an Easter weekend similar to this one, is disheartening. 

16 minutes ago, Voyager said:

That's the thing with this. Normally I'd be ecstatic with those temps, but the possibility of following that up with an Easter weekend similar to this one, is disheartening. 

I personally doubt we see a weekend like this on Easter.  The week after?  Yea, its in play.  Some record low temps on the gfs.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I personally doubt we see a weekend like this on Easter.  The week after?  Yea, its in play.  Some record low temps on the gfs.

That's even worse. The colder it is the later in the season the grumpier I get. I'm battling some deep depression and frustration (as is evident in my latest trucking video) and while I don't mention it specifically, the cold and gloomy weather is playing a big part in it.

• Sad 3

42 minutes ago, Voyager said:

That's even worse. The colder it is the later in the season the grumpier I get. I'm battling some deep depression and frustration (as is evident in my latest trucking video) and while I don't mention it specifically, the cold and gloomy weather is playing a big part in it.

Well, as usual I hope and pray you feel better and I apologize ahead of time for my posts if the cold comes to fruition.  Enjoy next week. 

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Well, as usual I hope and pray you feel better and I apologize ahead of time for my posts if the cold comes to fruition.  Enjoy next week. 

Please. There is no need to apologize. The weather will do what it's going to do regardless of what any of us want. I don't want anyone to change their posting on account of my warm bias. We all have our preferences, and I do voice mine, so I would feel bad if somehow I influenced someone to post less or change how they post.

I'm just wishing I could relocate to a climate more suitable to my tastes, but with the wife refusing to move, I feel stuck with no option for comfort or happiness.

Just now, Voyager said:

Please. There is no need to apologize. The weather will do what it's going to do regardless of what any of us want. I don't want anyone to change their posting on account of my warm bias. We all have our preferences, and I do voice mine, so I would feel bad if somehow I influenced someone to post less or change how they post.

I'm just wishing I could relocate to a climate more suitable to my tastes, but with the wife refusing to move, I feel stuck with no option for comfort or happiness.

I do not know Arizona real estate but if you moved to Florida right now you would be taking a very large financial risk.  It's back to very inflated prices there.  I wish I had purchased a decent home in Sarasota during the recession.  I would have made half a million dollars.  

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Hoping you feel better man. As much as I love snow I also love it when it gets really warm in the spring. It does a ton to help my mood too so hopefully we get some of that

• Thanks 1