Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 13-14 snowstorm/nor’easter potential

George001

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The storm earlier this week came back the last 24 hours. This will do same 

Difference is that was rain.....I could see this being like a nuisance fest, and you are fine with that, so that is probably what you mean by "coming back"...need to define that. I think the 6"+ ship has sailed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

What happened to the ‘anything is possible’ positive wolf who eats the debbie weenies alive… Have you become what you eat?

Ahhh just sick of everything going to crap. Every single event this year got worse as we approached the due date.  That’s a bad season when that happens.  And that’s all that has happened this season.  

• Like 2

EPS still saying at least SE areas should still monitor this....it's about time to write off a bigger solution though. At the very least we'd need to see a pretty big shift by 00z tonight to start thinking anything higher-end again (double digit snowfall). It's too bad because we've managed to trend the northern stream into a decent position but the southern vort went to crap and keeps the flow too broad/rounded.

Feb10_12zEPSprecip.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ahhh just sick of everything going to crap. Every single event this year got worse as we approached the due date.  That’s a bad season when that happens.  And that’s all that has happened this season.  

This never got worse on approach though. It never really had a chance but It’s actually getting ‘better’ by a fraction at times…just not enough and we’re running out of time. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

EPS still saying at least SE areas should still monitor this....it's about time to write off a bigger solution though. At the very least we'd need to see a pretty big shift by 00z tonight to start thinking anything higher-end again (double digit snowfall). It's too bad because we've managed to trend the northern stream into a decent position but the southern vort went to crap and keeps the flow too broad/rounded.

Feb10_12zEPSprecip.png

Same song and dance all season, the southern energy mucking shit up. Tip’s Hadley Cell roaming the equator and injecting itself at its leisure.

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Same song and dance all season, the southern energy mucking shit up. Tip’s Hadley Cell roaming the equator and injecting itself at its leisure.

Yeah it's been one of those seasons....but I've learned over the years not to let past failed storms cloud the judgement on a new threat unless there is a good reason to compare them. Sometimes you'll get the coup out of nowhere even in a bad season (2/5/16 comes to mind)....but this one is running out of time quickly for sure and I'd probably close the shades in western areas too. Even out east it's running out of rope quickly.

Hopefully we can score a bomb as the wavelengths shorten.

21 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it's been one of those seasons....but I've learned over the years not to let past failed storms cloud the judgement on a new threat unless there is a good reason to compare them. Sometimes you'll get the coup out of nowhere even in a bad season (2/5/16 comes to mind)....but this one is running out of time quickly for sure and I'd probably close the shades in western areas too. Even out east it's running out of rope quickly.

Hopefully we can score a bomb as the wavelengths shorten.

...which still sucked here I am, hence the point. :lol:

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

...which still sucked here I am, hence the point. :lol:

It's pretty clear you aren't recovering to a respectable season there (and maybe not here either), but I'm still rooting for good storms. The alternative is dogshit this time of the year. Really untl at least mid/late April...sometimes longer.

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's pretty clear you aren't recovering to a respectable season there (and maybe not here either), but I'm still rooting for good storms. The alternative is dogshit this time of the year. Really untl at least mid/late April...sometimes longer.

Wilmington had like 2-3" of sand. It was good around Salem, with like 6".

Hopefully we can get a March 2012.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Wilmington had like 2-3" of sand. It was good around Salem, with like 6".

Hopefully we can get a March 2012.

I think you are referring to the Jan 2016 blizzard that crushed the mid-atlantic....2/5/16 was a short term bust that came roaring back in the final 48 hours to give a lot of SNE warning snowfall with 9-12" in eastern MA/RI.

image.png.3bc7ca0578f59551e44f41d0c5597ad2.png

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think you are referring to the Jan 2016 blizzard that crushed the mid-atlantic....2/5/16 was a short term bust that came roaring back in the final 48 hours to give a lot of SNE warning snowfall with 9-12" in eastern MA/RI.

image.png.3bc7ca0578f59551e44f41d0c5597ad2.png

Yup that was a good one..10 inches here with that.  Too bad this won’t be doing something similar. 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Feb10_12zEPSprecip.png

Congrats on the .1"