• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 2-4th Snowstorm- Observation Thread

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

Was my moms favorite restaurant growing up. Used to love playing the games on the table and the checkers in the store connected to it. I loved that place.

I've been to the one near Depew, not far from the Buffalo airport, and the one in Rochester. I used to like the prime roast beef.  Also, I believe Thursdays were turkey dinner day.

10 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Drove to Chipotle in Clay for take out about 45 minutes ago and the first raindrops were hitting my windshield. 

18Z NAM has us with about 1" of snow thru 4pm tomorrow, so expecting about 6-9 hrs of rain then "dryslotting" between waves here. About 4-6" afterwards over about 12-18 hrs.  Basically, Advisory level event.

Just now, Syrmax said:

18Z NAM has us with about 1" of snow thru 4pm tomorrow, so expecting about 6-9 hrs of rain then "dryslotting" between waves here. About 4-6" afterwards over about 12-18 hrs.  

This is an unusual winter for Syracuse. You guys average more snow than Buffalo, I believe, and certainly way more than Toronto.

2 minutes ago, Ottawa Blizzard said:

It's a shame they closed all the Friendly's restaurants in western New York. Used to love their sandwich melts and the "fribbles".

How’s the snow out in the city? Temperature has actually risen last 15 minutes here on the escarpment. 36F and heavy rain just outside Hamilton. EC tweeted they have to lower amount because mild air is hanging around longer 

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Was my moms favorite restaurant growing up. Used to love playing the games on the table and the checkers in the store connected to it. I loved that place.

I used to take my mother there. It was nice sitting near their huge fireplace, especially when it was decorated for Christmas. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

How’s the snow out in the city? Temperature has actually risen last 15 minutes here on the escarpment. 36F and heavy rain just outside Hamilton. EC tweeted they have to lower amount because mild air is hanging around longer 

My temperature is now below freezing, around 30 or 31 F. Light snow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ottawa Blizzard said:

My temperature is now below freezing, around 30 or 31 F. Light snow.

If you check out radar scope it’s starting to look like Youngstown NY will transition before Hamilton Mountain (mount hope) 

throwing in the towel with this one now. I’ll come back and update when snow starts but I’m expecting storm total about 2” or 5cm. Probably biggest bust I’ve seen since I’ve moved here 4 years ago 

• Sad 3

23 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Embrace this event... It may very well be the only event in a long long time that our whole upstate, cny, wny, eny, (and hopefully our bgm and southeastern members) get a uniform 8-14" event...

Hell it could even end up being the biggest general synoptic event for some of us for the next couple of years. It’s happened before. 

• Like 2