• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 3-4 significant icing event for the interior, some sleet/snow possible. Coast mostly rain.

NJwx85

3 hours ago, HVSnowLover said:

This one is not as likely to be as wild as the last one, first of all we already have snowcover so there is less desperation and also the upside potential is not nearly as high.  

Still hungry where I live for a big snow.  Every event where I am has been 3 inches or less so far. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Northof78 said:

sn10_acc.conus.png

That isn’t snow…that’s a 10:1 ratio “snowmap” counting sleet as snow. It’s grossly overdone and very inaccurate…like not even close and the Ukie is a God awful, horrible model. It busted so bad on this last storm it wasn’t even funny….

• Weenie 1

Just now, snowman19 said:

That isn’t snow…that’s a 10:1 ratio “snowmap” counting sleet as snow. It’s grossly overdone and very inaccurate…like not even close and the Ukie is a God awful, horrible model. It busted so bad on this last storm it wasn’t even funny….

I mean I get you are right about this setup but I've never seen you predict a storm to go well and NYC somehow has 20 inches of snow this winter.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, snowman19 said:

Ummm, this last storm I kept saying it was a eastern LI and eastern New England event and I turned out to be right. I don’t want credit and I’m not rooting my own horn. Others kept non stop hyping it into the Blizzard of 96 for NYC on west 

Most of NYC got around a foot. Thats a good storm.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Never said it wasn’t a decent storm but an 8-12 inch snowstorm for our area in late January is meh and should be expected. The real big deal, the big event weenie snowstorm/blizzard 2ft+ happened in eastern LI and in eastern NE despite all the hype 

It’s only “meh” in the 2000s and 2010s

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Never said it wasn’t a decent storm but an 8-12 inch snowstorm for our area in late January is meh and should be expected. The real big deal, the big event weenie snowstorm/blizzard 2ft+ happened in eastern LI and in eastern NE despite all the hype 

NYC averages 26 inches a winter so I disagree that almost half of that total in one storm is meh. 

• Like 3

• NJwx85 changed the title to February 3-4 significant icing event for the interior, some sleet/snow possible. Coast mostly rain.
  • IrishRob17 unpinned this topic