• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential 1/28-1/30 2022 winter storm

I tell ya this is following the entire month of Jan 2000 to a tee.  Here, there were 3 events... First event put down 3-4" , next event a few days later put down a dusting to an 1", then the big one.... East. Didn't get a single flake.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, VABILLUPS1 said:

Three words for old-timer snow fans in SE Virginia- Blizzard of ‘80. That’s what the NAM is showing.  The downside? It’s the NAM. Real interested to see what the RGEM shows tonight. If that jumps on board we may have something historic here. 

wow matches up with the lee side low discussed also 

accum.19800302.gif

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, VABILLUPS1 said:

Three words for old-timer snow fans in SE Virginia- Blizzard of ‘80. That’s what the NAM is showing.  The downside? It’s the NAM. Real interested to see what the RGEM shows tonight. If that jumps on board we may have something historic here. 

Was that the same as the Circus Blizzard or was that later in the 80s?

Just now, PantherJustin said:

What happened to our band in CLT? Our foothills band 

The forcing shifts east quicker with the low closer to the coast. would be better for us if its further away unless it somehow phases quick enough to throw back moisture this far west

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blue Ridge said:

Either scores a coup or is hallucinating from glue consumption again

Definitely the glue consumption. I hate to say it but when the NAM is on an island with anything but thermals in a CAD situation you need to look at it, acknowledge it was there and it was something, then toss it before you get any crazy ideas 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, franklin NCwx said:

Upper low that became vertically stacked 

In Catawba County for that one! One of my all time favorite snowstorms. Rain/sleet mix all day at 34-37 degrees, then around 6:30 p.m. the bowling ball rolled through. Went to heavy snow and this was the first time I got to experience thunder and lightning. Moisture pulled out about 11 p.m. and trees were bent to the ground with a very heavy 8-10". That storm was amazing and one of the reasons I love tracking winter weather! Also remember a deform band rotating through Catawba County when I lived in Sherrills Ford along about 2012-2013. Showed for 1.5 hours and measured 3-4". I remember the flakes were so big that traffic stopped in the middle of Sherrills Ford Rd and people were getting out of their cars to watch it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

From my house to the east... wow what an increase...Screenshot_20220126-215851_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Such a nice thought, have a feeling Mr. GFS is going to have something to say about all of that. I can't recall when the most recent 12+ inch dump happened in NE NC but from what I've seen here I suppose it was the 80s.

• jburns unpinned this topic