Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

2 minutes ago, nycsnow said:

Barley a 100 mile shift and maybe an hour or 2 difference in closing off all within reach 

Sorry but for NYC to get over 2 feet of snow we would need the low to track way closer to the coast...even with a closed off low it needs to close off way west of where it is now....I'm talking about for NYC to get the Boston numbers....

1 minute ago, jdj5211 said:

Sorry but for NYC to get over 2 feet of snow we would need the low to track way closer to the coast...even with a closed off low it needs to close off way west of where it is now....I'm talking about for NYC to get the Boston numbers....

Literally a couple hours off it’s a lot closer then you’d think

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HVSnowLover said:

As many have stated due to the winds kuchera is way overdone but still a mammoth storm for Eastern LI into SNE.  

We still did incredibly well for Boxing Day and those winds were wild but more precip to of course but I still think we can manage 12:1

4 minutes ago, jdj5211 said:

No way

12 + is a possibility 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

As many have stated due to the winds kuchera is way overdone but still a mammoth storm for Eastern LI into SNE.  

The winds aren't going to be nearly as intense on the northwest extent of the decent liquid equivalent. There WILL be ratios. People 100% exaggerate the OTHER direction on this too. If you get .8 inches of liquid and 12 inches of snow... just remember you don't get to be happy about it because you didn't get your 1 inch of liquid. :) (I'm just playing)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EastonSN+ said:

Thanks.

Was H5 improved on this run as well?

The EPS will be real interesting.

Yes, the troughing was a tick W. Likewise, the TPV allowed slightly better heights off of the coast and the vorticity was more consolidated... though a TOUCH late for the entire subforum. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, USCG RS said:

Yes, the troughing was a tick W. Likewise, the TPV allowed slightly better heights off of the coast and the vorticity was more consolidated... though a TOUCH late for the entire subforum. 

Thanks still over 24 hours to go this could easily slam the forum.

As it is parts are getting over a foot.

• Like 1

Just gotta love the loop and then slow pull away vicinity CC and the Islands.

18-24" - locally more with 50-60 mph wind gusts.  Gonna be a sight to see up there.

Euro has been steady now with 8-12", 8-14" along eastern counties of SNJ/CNJ up across L.I.   Eastern LI could see 15-20" depending on how that capture eventually plays out.  Amounts will taper NW west of I95 across NJ.

• Like 1