• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

For the models to February 2013 every storm. To lock in to a solution 6 days out and not change.

In all seriousness, this is the time frame where modeling tends to make sizeable corrections towards the general solution, often moving the same way wrt to certain facets over multiple cycles...I think the concern is the possibility that 48 hours from now, we will need a 400 mile correction.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Would you say most from nickles and dimes or from perfect tracks. 

For coastal's, Its all about track, Anything moving ENE is no good for here,  SWFE's are generally very good, I miss very few, Clippers too, But have not seen many recently, But have one tuesday.

Just now, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

Disagree, a long shot at best insinuates we are completely out of the game. Couldn’t be further from that at this particular juncture. We have a shot at this. That is all. That’s the message. 

All we need is a blocked field goal and a blocked punt returned for a touchdown, but when was the last time that happened.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

For coastal's, Its all about track, Anything moving ENE is no good for here,  SWFE's are generally very good, I miss very few, Clippers too, But have not seen many recently, But have one tuesday.

Yeah, Tuesday looks good up there.  Down here on the other hand.......

I've been toying with a trip up next weekend--hopefully we'll get that track.

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

H5 is different on this run. More amped through 90 out west

One of the multi-cycle corrections I was talking about is that the missed Wednesday deal keeps getting flatter/more progressive...that seems to be flattening heights upstream of this one. That trend continues on 12z. Probably bad.

Slip-sliding away? Not necessarily, the players have yet to enter the playing field. 
WAY to MUCH emotional posts, (taken verbatim) is a weenie trait) do not fall onto that trap. The mean trough is still present, hgts upstream, downstream are going to fluctuate, strength of vorticity, orientation of trough axis will change. It's an OP model output. IMHO it's wrong especially with such lead-time.
Relax, because nobody can control the chaos.
It's only a threat, being something to track is better than nada.     

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...
  • dendrite unpinned this topic