Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

27 minutes ago, Festus said:

Latest CPC 8-14 day issued today has us a bit on the warm side.

image.thumb.gif.8a3d0fb7cdbe7b7d4e8f3e3a75dedac0.gif

largely fits the pattern right now.  AO/NAO raging + tell the tale IMO and has they head down twds the eom, a +1 deviation for both will make it tough outside of a perfectly timed event (and I think we just used that chip up this weekend).  

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

A still chilly 52 here :-).  But snow is taking a hit now.  Shade saves it but sunny side is melting fast.  Will still have some tomorrow but that will probably be it. 

54 and sunshine was enough here to melt everything except where the snow drifted in the farm fields. Everything else looks like it did on Friday prior to the event.

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

54 and sunshine was enough here to melt everything except where the snow drifted in the farm fields. Everything else looks like it did on Friday prior to the event.

About 3/4 of my yard still has snow cover so going to be cashing in day 4 of coverage in March (tomorrow).  Not sure I get to 5 though. It was dealt a major blow this afternoon.  From 4" depth to 1" in most places.

9 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 23 here last night.  Getting the grill fired up this week, which tells you everything about the weather we're in for tehe.

So, I can't remember who, but someone in here had mentioned this weekend about MDT reporting periods of moderate and heavy snow yet adding very little to their totals.  Sure enough, I just went through their five minute observations and during that final blast of snow in the afternoon which led to whiteout conditions and accidents and all that, they were reporting a solid half hour period with moderate to heavy snow and visibilities ~1/4 mile but only added a T of liquid and from what I can tell nothing to their snowfall.  I mean, c'mon what are we doing here.  MDT lists a total daily snowfall of 3.0", which I guess seems reasonable but there's no way that last band was properly accounted for.  A Cocorahs observer in Middletown totaled 4.2" of snow, which ironically enough would have broken the previous Harrisburg daily snowfall record of 4.1" from 1959.  Hmmmmmmm.

Thanks for researching this info!

I thought that something was off with their measurements and final tally. There is no way that 0 precip and additional snow was not recorded between those 2 hours of early afternoon heavy snow.

It would be great if you or @Cashtown_Coop or someone with a contact at CTP could reach out to them to have them look into this and possibly make a revision if they find an error.

We only have 2 official recording locations for CTP snow-Harrisburg & Williamsport. It would be great if they made an effort to get it right for the sake of history.

4 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

One final hurrah in the final week of March? 

Heres 5 day EPS mean H5 and then 850 anomaly below…you can see cold source temporarily gets re-established for a winter threat potential…and yea, clown range ensemble caveats still apply

0BD99DD9-5E8D-40F2-8861-8465B4457804.png

731C0673-2E9D-4F1C-B2B0-0F9C9A52683C.png

Great post from the New England thread…

Maybe 1 more chance?

53 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Where is Blizz?  GFS caved to the cold period coming up in 10-12 days with two chances of frozen.  

Geez...I want to start cleaning up and getting my yard ready for spring, not to mention getting the salt off the undercarriage of my new Jeep. Enough already... :weep: