• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Between not being around this morning to do periodic measurements and the wind wreaking havoc on things this afternoon, I’ve never had a harder time getting a final tally. With that said, after many samples around the property I’m going with an even 3.0”.  I have no idea if this is accurate ha, but that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. 

WSW warning continued

WWUS41 KCTP 122041
WSWCTP

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service State College PA
341 PM EST Sat Mar 12 2022

PAZ004-005-010-011-036-056-057-059-063>066-122200-
/O.CON.KCTP.WS.W.0005.000000T0000Z-220312T2200Z/
Warren-McKean-Elk-Cameron-Franklin-Perry-Dauphin-Lebanon-
Cumberland-Adams-York-Lancaster-
Including the cities of Warren, Bradford, St. Marys, Ridgway,
Emporium, Chambersburg, Newport, Harrisburg, Hershey, Lebanon,
Carlisle, Gettysburg, York, and Lancaster
341 PM EST Sat Mar 12 2022

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM EST THIS
AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Snow showers and blowing snow will bring an additional
coating to one inch of snow late this afternoon. Total snow
accumulations of 5 to 7 inches. Winds gusting as high as 45 mph.

* WHERE...The northwest Mountains and the Lower Susquehanna
Valley.

* WHEN...Through 5 PM EST.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be difficult in places. Widespread
blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility even after
the snow tapers off. Gusty winds could bring down tree branches.

55 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Between not being around this morning to do periodic measurements and the wind wreaking havoc on things this afternoon, I’ve never had a harder time getting a final tally. With that said, after many samples around the property I’m going with an even 3.0”.  I have no idea if this is accurate ha, but that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. 

3" is what I put down as well. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

@Blizzard of 93, do not really see any sustained warmth on the ensembles.  I am sure you can find us some nuggets of good (more snow?)  the next few days. 

Well for some of the western and northern zones, that next nugget comes tomorrow in the form of a sneaky clipper haha. I don’t think much of that will make it into the Sus Valley though. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9a3c0249e07fe3eace3f9c5a150504f4.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

A couple of random thoughts:

It's 22 degrees at 5pm on March 12th. That's got to be close to record territory for the date and time of day

I will never post a snow map again. They were ALL way off for here. 

The chance that some stay below freezing tomorrow, with sun (LSV),  seems to be fairly rare as well though the record is 26.  A truly MJS level factoid, it only reached 19 for a high on March 17, 1900. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I can confirm that, between the drifting and refreeze, it is indeed getting treacherous out there. Had to run and get my pregnant wife a very specific dinner haha, and yeah it’s getting iffy real quick. This in an area that wasn’t even hit particularly hard. Stay safe everyone. 

I suspect some people over here will be getting in trouble both with running into drifts and sliding tonight.  My driveway has a 6" drive over it in one small area.  Crazy.   Good husband you are though :-) 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I suspect some people over here will be getting in trouble both with running into drifts and sliding tonight.  My driveway has a 6" drive over it in one small area.  Crazy.   Good husband you are though :-) 

Ha thanks, although my wife would argue that I’m sure. I was waiting at the bar for the food and it was packed and raucous. All I could think was some of these people are in for a rude awakening when they stumble out of here after sunset. 

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Ha thanks, although my wife would argue that I’m sure. I was waiting at the bar for the food and it was packed and raucous. All I could think was some of these people are in for a rude awakening when they stumble out of here after sunset. 

Yea, both the roads and just the real feel.  I moved back here in 2018 and this is a top 5 evening as far as brutal weather for the last 4 winters.  It is 17 degrees with frequent snow falling and blowing from winds gusting to near 40 and sustained 25-30.  Wind Chill is ~ -2 right now.