• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Roads were a nightmare this morning around 6 am. Just so many long stretches of random areas covered in snow from the blowing drifts and ice in certain spots from what melted earlier in the day. You'll be driving normally and then boom run into snow with almost no warning. Even the highways had snow on them in a few spots. Thankfully most of it has melted by now

3 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

This Clipper looks to be tracking well to the south of where it was modeled even on this morning’s model runs.

The radar looks solid & decent precip looks to be staying together over the mountains.

10 minutes after I posted this it stopped & the radar fell apart!

The mountains won again against a Clipper…

9 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I certainly can understand and respect you for that...even if this might be the first time I've disagreed with you. :) 

It’s okay, I’ll allow you to be wrong once B)

23 minutes ago, canderson said:

Looks like 60s Tuesday - Saturday and prob 70+ one of those days. 

Yep. Beautiful stretch incoming. 

• Haha 1

Low of 23 here last night.  Getting the grill fired up this week, which tells you everything about the weather we're in for tehe.

So, I can't remember who, but someone in here had mentioned this weekend about MDT reporting periods of moderate and heavy snow yet adding very little to their totals.  Sure enough, I just went through their five minute observations and during that final blast of snow in the afternoon which led to whiteout conditions and accidents and all that, they were reporting a solid half hour period with moderate to heavy snow and visibilities ~1/4 mile but only added a T of liquid and from what I can tell nothing to their snowfall.  I mean, c'mon what are we doing here.  MDT lists a total daily snowfall of 3.0", which I guess seems reasonable but there's no way that last band was properly accounted for.  A Cocorahs observer in Middletown totaled 4.2" of snow, which ironically enough would have broken the previous Harrisburg daily snowfall record of 4.1" from 1959.  Hmmmmmmm.