Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

40 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I live in the wrong part of the country...lol

Ha.  We had May snow recently.  I think one thing the warminista's needs to remember is that there has been little winter weather in October as of recent times.   And November has not been a peach either except 2018.   Is it fair that coldinista's only get 3 -4 out of 12 months?  :-) 

• Like 2

High yesterday was 60.4 and the low yesterday was 20.1.  That produced another 40-degree diurnal for the season.  My snow (which was only 2.3" max) and was located in a no-sun area close to my house, managed to survive until yesterday evening when the extended warmth of the day finally took it out.

Low this morning was 29.7 right after sunrise.  Temp now has rebounded up to 53, headed for the 60's this afternoon.

Beware the Ides of March...:o

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Ha.  We had May snow recently.  I think one thing the warminista's needs to remember is that there has been little winter weather in October as of recent times.   And November has not been a peach either except 2018.   Is it fair that coldinista's only get 3 -4 out of 12 months?  :-) 

I'm not trying to deny you of winter,  but I'd rather it be from November to February as opposed to January to April, which is how it seems lately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

68 out - might get 3 70s this week. I think that'll shatter a record for most 70s as of St Patrick's Day for MDT. 

Has there been more than one day above 70 this year?    Maybe, cannot remember.  1990 had 4 days in the 80's before St Pats day. 

Edit-just checked.  2 days so far but MDT is only at 66 as of 3 PM.   So I looked at one year, 1990....it had 5 days above 70 before St Pats day (and St Pats day was in the 70's as well).   So,  not such a rare feat.  Only one day in March, March 1, does not feature record high temps in the 70's.   17 out of the 31 March days have records 80 and over. 

• Like 1

Speaking of the time change, it actually might finally be killed for good!!! If this passes the house, we'll never go back to standard time (DST forever - well after 2023 it appears since people need to time for contract times like airlines and all). 

Passed by Unanimous Consent, S.623: Sunshine Protection Act, as amended (to make Daylight Saving Time permanent)@SenRubioPress/@SenWhitehouse/ others

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

Speaking of the time change, it actually might finally be killed for good!!! If this passes the house, we'll never go back to DST (well after 2023 it appears since people need to time for contract times like airlines and all). 

Passed by Unanimous Consent, S.623: Sunshine Protection Act, as amended (to make Daylight Saving Time permanent)@SenRubioPress/@SenWhitehouse/ others

Do you mean we'll never go back to Eastern Standard Time?  DST=Daylight Saving Time which above states that this S.623 makes DST permanent.  If so, I will be so incredibly disappointed.  That means the earliest the sun can ever set is 5:43pm around here in perpetuity.  As I said yesterday, it also means that the sun won't rise until 8:30am for nearly 5 weeks after the winter solstice.  That means it will be totally dark until 8:00am.  YUCK!

11 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Do you mean we'll never go back to Eastern Standard Time?  DST=Daylight Saving Time which above states that this S.623 makes DST permanent.  If so, I will be so incredibly disappointed.  That means the earliest the sun can ever set is 5:43pm around here in perpetuity.  As I said yesterday, it also means that the sun won't rise until 8:30am for nearly 5 weeks after the winter solstice.  That means it will be totally dark until 8:00am.  YUCK!

You are correct. This bill makes the current time permanent. We'll have two more changes in 2023 - a fall back then a spring forward - then done. 

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

You are correct. This bill makes the current time permanent. We'll have two more changes in 2023 - a fall back then a spring forward - then done. 

One reason for this is the extensive issue of computers ALA Y2k.   Not the Windows or Mac's sitting at your desk, the code running back end systems.   DST type stuff is programmed in countless routines running systems all across the country. 

• Like 1

LOL!  What a crock, IMO.  I have never had a pet that cared when they woke up if the wake up include the food bowl.   I do not have a real opinion on the time thing other than I would rather keep the time on Winter/Standard time if we are not going to switch.  Our Pets will survive either way! LOL. 

image.png.4803e3ed939d7ee6d241cb51d4f176e9.png

• Like 1

High today was 69.8 in my backyard, so technically 70.

As for the DST argument. I don't much care for the time change, but I wish they would just leave it standard time. I lived with all year standard time in Arizona, and it was no big deal. Having DST year 'round, as was mentioned above, means it will be dark in the morning until 8am for about a month straight during part of December and January, which sucks, in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

High today was 69.8 in my backyard, so technically 70.

As for the DST argument. I don't much care for the time change, but I wish they would just leave it standard time. I lived with all year standard time in Arizona, and it was no big deal. Having DST year 'round, as was mentioned above, means it will be dark in the morning until 8am for about a month straight during part of December and January, which sucks, in my opinion.

Hear Hear! Bully. 

• Haha 1

Well...when I shared the Daylight Saving Time news with my wife she immediately said to me, "doesn't it now have to pass through the house?"  I got temporarily excited, thinking that right now it wasn't a done deal.  However, then I proceeded to think that probably pretty easily a majority, which will be comprised of both sides, will be in favor of this.  So, I guess I can pray for a miracle now?:snowwindow:

• Thanks 1