Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

24 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am not at all joking...my heat is on right now.  I have it set to 65 and it is 61 out.   It has only come on once or twice today but it is on right now.  LOL 

I got home yesterday at 5pm and the temp inside was 71. I was aghast. Neither the heat or the AC was on, but that lasted all of 5 seconds. I had it down to 65 in a matter of minutes. 

In all seriousness - if I didn't have the AC running on a day like today, it would easily be 75-77 inside by evening. I have a lot of east and south facing windows. 

6 minutes ago, paweather said:

I'll be in Aruba next week so you know it will snow for sure it did in January I'll be 2 for 2 for you guys.

Well not next week but the first week of April.  Frankly I think the GFS looks workable for 3-4 days after that weekend.  The trough is too far off the coast but its also 300 hours out. 

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

From the time I get out of bed to getting in my car is about 10 minutes. I eat breakfast (granola bars and juice) at my desk and take care of overnight emergencies first (did the Euro move north, south, east, or west, and what did the 6z NAM show) before moving on to less important, work-related activities. 

This is me - shower at night, eat yogurt at my desk. I'm only the office now once/week thank goodness! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I used to wake up at 5:30 everyday and was on the first train heading to Harrisburg out of Mount Joy, neck tie and everything.  Now?  I roll out of bed at 7:15 and log onto work in my knickers.  Depressing, really ha.

Question about Mount Joy - is parking readily available at the station there? Have a friend between there and Lancaster wanting to go to NYC but Lancaster has no real parking ... I never pay attention to the Mount Joy "station" when we make that brief stop from HBG. 

Middletown just opened a new station with MUCH more parking, btw. 

11 minutes ago, canderson said:

Question about Mount Joy - is parking readily available at the station there? Have a friend between there and Lancaster wanting to go to NYC but Lancaster has no real parking ... I never pay attention to the Mount Joy "station" when we make that brief stop from HBG. 

Mount Joy has plenty of parking directly above the station. The entire area (parking, platform, and access) was completely revamped in the past few years. It's a very nice setup. It's also signed well for those who are new to using the station. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, canderson said:

28 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Mount Joy has plenty of parking directly above the station. The entire area (parking, platform, and access) was completely revamped in the past few years. It's a very nice setup. It's also signed well for those who are new to using the station. 

Yes as Training mentioned Mount Joy has ample parking, as it was remodeled right before we all got sent home for "15 days" haha.  I will say, the borough was talking about charging for parking at the new station but I don't think they actually implemented anything, and even if they would there is plenty of free parking in residential areas around the station, much to the chagrin of the residents.  It has a slightly limited schedule compared to Lancaster but otherwise is a much easier place to go out of, highly recommend.  I knew Middletown was getting a new station but have yet to see it.  I do miss the train sometimes, riding along the river and seeing the early morning fishermen.  Relaxes the soul. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yes as Training mentioned Mount Joy has ample parking, as it was remodeled right before we all got sent home for "15 days" haha.  I will say, the borough was talking about charging for parking at the new station but I don't think they actually implemented anything, and even if they would there is plenty of free parking in residential areas around the station, much to the chagrin of the residents.  It has a slightly limited schedule compared to Lancaster but otherwise is a much easier place to go out of, highly recommend.  I knew Middletown was getting a new station but have yet to see it.  I do miss the train sometimes, riding along the river and seeing the early morning fishermen.  Relaxes the soul. 

Mount Joy put us on 500!

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

We haven't done a Broadway weekend thanks to Covid since Dec 2019 (had three shows the weekend two years ago it closed blah) but ae going Easter weekend and kinda excited for the train again. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Voyager said:

Really?

Most of us work and are up by 4, 5, or 6. I don't want 8:30am sunrises.

F that....

I mean are you spending that time in the morning outside and doing casual stuff or having fun? That's more my point lol. I'd rather have extra sunlight in the evening to do more stuff outside. Like imagine it's december and you got a really nice warm day but instead you got an extra hour of daylight instead when you get home from work

9 hours ago, sauss06 said:

either way you look at, someone or something will be affected. As an example, if we don't "spring" ahead, youth sports will take a hit

We'd be permanently in spring ahead mode so it wouldn't effect that. I think it gets confusing when they say get rid of DST. We'd basically always be an hour forward year round instead of for half the year

1 hour ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I mean are you spending that time in the morning outside and doing casual stuff or having fun? That's more my point lol. I'd rather have extra sunlight in the evening to do more stuff outside. Like imagine it's december and you got a really nice warm day but instead you got an extra hour of daylight instead when you get home from work

I generally work 6a to 6p, so it doesn't really matter after work, but for me (driving tanker truck and hauling spring water) the earlier the sunrise, and an earlier rise in temperatures is better.

Just now, Voyager said:

I generally work 6a to 6p, so it doesn't really matter after work, but for me (driving tanker truck and hauling spring water) the earlier the sunrise, and an earlier rise in temperatures is better.

Yeah that's a good point. I guess it just varies on what everyone's schedules are and what they're doing. I'm usually not up until late in the morning so I'm probably a bit bias lol