• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Fifteen years ago tonight I was sitting in the same place I am now at around 7:00pm when I was shocked to realize it was still light out and I could actually see the snow falling outside. I was not used to seeing snow that late from our living room window.

When I got off the Susquehanna Trailways bus that afternoon in 2007, we already had a couple of inches.

It was the first Friday after the change in Daylight Savings Time made it start earlier, on the second Sunday in March.  I think we got about 7-8 inches total.  Obviously on that Friday, the high temperature in Williamsport didn't quite reach today's 73.

What a difference 15 years can make.  Susquehanna Trailways has dropped its daily bus service which I took to school in Pittsburgh and Syracuse and then to New York and Newark for the many years I lived in Jersey City.  The Yellow Cab company I called from the bus station's pay phones is gone too, and the old bus station where I had so many sad departures and happy greetings from loved ones is just an empty lot.  

I am still here though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

@Blizzard of 93, I see you out there...did you miss this?  Maybe you are busy getting a 5 map post ready?   LOL.  @losetoa6 special. Different results each run but same theory...a period to watch.  Trough digging and a vort rounding. 

image.png.888eb755d0165c51c7193273249f13a9.png

lol… yes, I saw the 0z Euro Clipper near day 10.

I have 1 map to add for now.

D4230446-1290-4441-B72A-DF1800B9DD03.png

• Like 1