Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

14 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Elevation by far outweighs latitude for me.   I’m actually going to be putting my house for sale soon to move higher up.   My goal is at least 1400ft.   

Oh totally agree.  I'm asking what your personal tradeoff is, if say you had to move south?  How much would you have to gain in elevation to feel like you weren't losing out from your prior position?  Yes a random inquiry I know, but these are the roads my brain goes down at times ha.

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Oh totally agree.  I'm asking what your personal tradeoff is, if say you had to move south?  How much would you have to gain in elevation to feel like you weren't losing out from your prior position?  Yes a random inquiry I know, but these are the roads my brain goes down at times ha.

It wouldn’t matter as much moving south because the annual snowfall drops off so much.   Minus the smoky mountains why live up higher if all you gain is a windy ridge that doesn’t snow.   

56 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

That you are.  This brings to mind something I have thought about in the past, that being, in terms of negating expected snowfall losses, how much would you be willing to give up in latitude to gain in elevation?  For example, I think I would would want to gain at least roughly 100 feet in elevation for every 10 miles I moved south, or something to that effect.  To put this in perspective, as the crow flies I'm about 25 miles north of the Maryland border, so I'd want to gain 250' in elevation if I moved there. Thoughts from others??

I'm heading to Mammoth Lakes CA in May of next year. That is my dream place to live. Cost of living says it will remain just that, a dream - so with that in mind, next up on my list is between Lake George and Lake Placid in the 'Dacks. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Heisy said:

I saw a 76ers logo and had to respond! I only worry about Boston and Brooklyn. Any other team in the east we should be relative favorites. We would probably go 7 games with Miami but I don’t fear them. Boston has the best record in NBA since January 1 and Brooklyn would be hella motivated to beat us. The oddest statistic this year is our home vs away record. We used to be unstoppable at home. Just odd. Team is still getting used to playing with each other. Bench is an issue but hopefully Doc shortens it during the playoffs. 

As a full season ticket member, believe me...I'm fully aware of how bad we've been at home. 

Sorry, but our issues run way beyond "getting used to each other" - sure, there is that element, but this team does not get back on defense, has a bench comprised of guys who got outscored by Orlando's bench 51-19 the other night, and routinely gets killed on the glass. Also ironic that you mentioned that there are only a couple of teams that you worry about - I don't think there's a playoff team in the east that is worried about playing us. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

As a full season ticket member, believe me...I'm fully aware of how bad we've been at home. 

Sorry, but our issues run way beyond "getting used to each other" - sure, there is that element, but this team does not get back on defense, has a bench comprised of guys who got outscored by Orlando's bench 51-19 the other night, and routinely gets killed on the glass. Also ironic that you mentioned that there are only a couple of teams that you worry about - I don't think there's a playoff team in the east that is worried about playing us. 

The Net's are probably angling for it though if no Vax requirement lift, I think the Sixers win that series.  Can you imagine a first round Sixers/Nets and Big Ben East is playing. 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Net's are probably angling for it though if no Vax requirement lift, I think the Sixers win that series.  Can you imagine a first round Sixers/Nets and Big Ben East is playing. 

Certainly respect your thought - I think I've seen every second of every game this year and I just don't see it. The one thing that I'll say that we've improved on from last year is free throw shooting, which is big. But constantly giving up 2nd and 3rd chances and not getting back in transition more than offset that. And, I feel like we can't count on the bench for anything. Niang will score 18 one game, 3 the next. Green is the same way. Korkmaz has been banished to garbage time because of awful he's played. 

We have a lot of issues. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Certainly respect your thought - I think I've seen every second of every game this year and I just don't see it. The one thing that I'll say that we've improved on from last year is free throw shooting, which is big. But constantly giving up 2nd and 3rd chances and not getting back in transition more than offset that. And, I feel like we can't count on the bench for anything. Niang will score 18 one game, 3 the next. Green is the same way. Korkmaz has been banished to garbage time because of awful he's played. 

We have a lot of issues. 

I was just thinking that no Irving and the Nets are not a top team, IMO.  With Irving they are a contender.   Losing Seth did hurt though. 

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Several frozen opportunities on the GFS. 

Not sure whether to :weep: or be :angry:

That little bit of rain we had today made a royal mess of my big truck because of all the leftover salt residue on the roads. I'm so sick of washing it every other day. I just want the salt gone for good.

• Like 2