Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

12 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Oh, wow! I'm not surprised about your forsythia blooming...that's pretty common for Southern PA.

Thankfully the only thing here are the tiny crocuses just starting. The daffodils are a couple inches out of the ground. Still some veeeeery dirty snow piles scattered about.

You...are my idol. LOL The resiliency you've exhibited in your O.T. "exchanges" were enough to wear me down, and I was just a bystander. I honestly don't know how you did it. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You...are my idol. LOL The resiliency you've exhibited in your O.T. "exchanges" were enough to wear me down, and I was just a bystander. I honestly don't know how you did it. 

I made the mistake of going over there and breezing through that thread and wow, you aren't kidding.  @TugHillMatt is a true hero but also much more patient than I could ever be haha.  Who the heck is that "wxtrix" person?  Seems like a complete looney tune in need of some serious help, highly unstable.  There's some mod over there who doesn't seem much better.  These people must have oatmeal for brains.  How could anyone possibly engage in a cogent conversation with them.  Good lord.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I made the mistake of going over there and breezing through that thread and wow, you aren't kidding.  @TugHillMatt is a true hero but also much more patient than I could ever be haha.  Who the heck is that "wxtrix" person?  Seems like a complete looney tune in need of some serious help, highly unstable.  There's some mod over there who doesn't seem much better.  These people must have oatmeal for brains.  How could anyone possibly engage in a cogent conversation with them.  Good lord.

I mean...yeah. I don't have a lot to add to that. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Aw, thank you so much for your kind words. Curious...how did I come across? I know that I am ultimately responsible for myself and who I am accountable to. Those folks are quite ugly, and it's my faith (and knowing my value) that keep me going.

19 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Ha. Thanks. A childhood of being bullied helped to prepare me for the plethora of bullies that are found there.

25 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Aw, thank you so much for your kind words. Curious...how did I come across? I know that I am ultimately responsible for myself and who I am accountable to. Those folks are quite ugly, and it's my faith (and knowing my value) that keep me going.

I thought first and foremost, you were honest. At the end of the day, there's no greater value than integrity. Second, I thought you were open to viewpoints other/opposite of yours. That...is what is missing in that forum. You either believe what the masses believe, you better be ready for ugliness. There is NO respect in those threads. Zero. Honestly, it sickens me that as a society, we can't value the opinions of others. It's shameful. And there's little hope for the future when upcoming generations see the example being set for them. And yet, you were respectful. You admitted some shortcomings and mistakes. And that's super commendable. I could go on and on, but -

If those threads were filled with attitudes emulated by you, this forum would be a better place. Sadly, it's not. 

• Thanks 1

And by the way - I basically said what I just posted above in an OT thread earlier this year, and the response that I got was mocking and being told that I'm soft. Somehow today, doing the right thing and speaking well is now subject to ridicule and mocking. 

I see some of that here at work. And when I do, I call it out. Every time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I thought first and foremost, you were honest. At the end of the day, there's no greater value than integrity. Second, I thought you were open to viewpoints other/opposite of yours. That...is what is missing in that forum. You either believe what the masses believe, you better be ready for ugliness. There is NO respect in those threads. Zero. Honestly, it sickens me that as a society, we can't value the opinions of others. It's shameful. And there's little hope for the future when upcoming generations see the example being set for them. And yet, you were respectful. You admitted some shortcomings and mistakes. And that's super commendable. I could go on and on, but -

If those threads were filled with attitudes emulated by you, this forum would be a better place. Sadly, it's not. 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

And by the way - I basically said what I just posted above in an OT thread earlier this year, and the response that I got was mocking and being told that I'm soft. Somehow today, doing the right thing and speaking well is now subject to ridicule and mocking. 

I see some of that here at work. And when I do, I call it out. Every time. 

Thank you, thank you. I am thankful for your observations and we both agree very much on similar things. I have the same concerns and wishes for our society...and know I have to lead and be the example... regardless of the ugliness of others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It is ironic because you see posts suggesting that those who are attacked are actually looking for the entertainment or attention from it.  I can almost see some validity in that thought process except that to me it is less about entertainment and more along the lines of why people watch horrific things on TV as part of movies or live video.  The scope of some of those conversations is so "out there" that some actually have to see it for themselves.  I do not think Tughill fits in that category,  but I do think many purposely go there as if it was a circus or a zoo...to watch the offenders do their thing and and marvel that people like that actually do exist. 

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is ironic because you see posts suggesting that those who are attacked are actually looking for the entertainment or attention from it.  I can almost see some validity in that thought process except that to me it is less about entertainment and more along the lines of why people watch horrific things on TV as part of movies or live video.  The scope of some of those conversations is so "out there" that some actually have to see it for themselves.  I do not think Tughill fits in that category,  but I do think many purposely go there as if it was a circus or a zoo...to watch the offenders do their thing and and marvel that people like that actually do exist. 

I can't speak for others and their own "personal enjoyment" but I certainly get no satisfaction out of seeing people talk and act horribly. But as you said, not hard to fathom the thought that some might get a kick out of it. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I can't speak for others and their own "personal enjoyment" but I certainly get no satisfaction out of seeing people talk and act horribly. But as you said, not hard to fathom the thought that some might get a kick out of it. 

Like poking a bear.  I am with you and would prefer some actual content from some of the threads.  If a thread has a nonsense title then except nonsense.   But the Covid thread could be more informative.   It is a touchy subject though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Not normally. I can go there if I'm bored and looking to follow things. If I do comment, it's usually with the hope that there can be some good conversation or to challenge others in their thinking. But 95% of the people that post on there have absolutely no intentions of actually learning or trying to understand others. Even with the amount of respect I try to show others on there, I am somehow made to look like the "bad guy" in their eyes. That's why I reiterate so many times how toxic it is. The administrators and most of the mods are just as bad and ugly in how they treat others. Even though none of the people on there seemed to appreciate me posting, the comments you guys have made are encouraging because it helps me to know that I can still make a difference in the midst of ugliness.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Not normally. I can go there if I'm bored and looking to follow things. If I do comment, it's usually with the hope that there can be some good conversation or to challenge others in their thinking. But 95% of the people that post on there have absolutely no intentions of actually learning or trying to understand others. Even with the amount of respect I try to show others on there, I am somehow made to look like the "bad guy" in their eyes. That's why I reiterate so many times how toxic it is. The administrators and most of the mods are just as bad and ugly in how they treat others. Even though none of the people on there seemed to appreciate me posting, the comments you guys have made are encouraging because it helps me to know that I can still make a difference in the midst of ugliness.

Maybe the next Amwx get together needs a separate get together of the people who are not toxic.   Ha.  I cannot ever imagine going to one of those events again.   It used to be weather nerds wanting to share weather and now it may be people whispering about who dunked on who, etc...toxic is a good word. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Maybe the next Amwx get together needs a separate get together of the people who are not toxic.   Ha.  I cannot ever imagine going to one of those events again.   It used to be weather nerds wanting to share weather and now it may be people whispering about who dunked on who, etc...toxic is a good word. 

You have gone to one before? Interesting!

Well, to be fair, most of the people on there don't add much value on the weather side either. But you're right...it's like the caddy clique that thrives off of putting others down.

38 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You'll need one of these for the get together, at least you'll be prepared 

Level-A-Training-Suit__75140.1541624868.jpg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

You have gone to one before? Interesting!

Well, to be fair, most of the people on there don't add much value on the weather side either. But you're right...it's like the caddy clique that thrives off of putting others down.

I went to one before it was AmWx.  I met Randy when he was not the Chief....not even a Mod.  Marcus times.   And DT...well.  LOL.  He should charge for the experience of meeting him.   Sort of like Kramer did on Seinfeld.  The DT Reality tour.  

• Haha 1