Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

9 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Hint......

Vegitarian....akin to rabbit food eater.

I ALWAYS eat the bacon....especially on salad.  (I saw your veggie post a long while back) and was just being a smartass....I know....shocker.

Lol...good memory! Well I thought that...but I was like, "How does he know?!?!" I have to be careful with sharing so much...hahaha

8 hours ago, pasnownut said:

lol....not surprised and dont give a shiit.  I wont look anyways....

They are all guilty as charged and are hypocrites if that's the case, but im guessing they'll selectively not copy this post.  

I've always thought that of you, and would still be the first to buy you a beer at a bar.  You and I would have great conversation and likely learn lots about "the other side".  :).  

You do you pal.

You said everything I wanted to say last night, but decided not to. I'm glad you posted this because I feel the exact same way. 

7 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Well, I am a Centrist/Moderate and try to understand things from different perspectives...which many of them see as "weak." I was silly and stupid for thinking I could actually try to have a rational conversation. They ripped into me and accused me of a whole bunch of nonsense. So, some of the guys from here were just giving me kudos on how I conducted myself. Sorry it was brought up, but I really appreciated the support, as I felt pretty alone in my thoughts after the pile of crap I went through yesterday. It was encouraging to know that there are other sane, rational adults that still exist. I enjoy you guys on here!

I, as I'm sure others are as well, are glad your here as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Voyager said:

You said everything I wanted to say last night, but decided not to. I'm glad you posted this because I feel the exact same way. 

I, as I'm sure others are as well, are glad your here as well.

Thanks for your kind words. You guys are making me miss my home state...which hasn't happened in a LONG time.

17 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I can't speak for others and their own "personal enjoyment" but I certainly get no satisfaction out of seeing people talk and act horribly. But as you said, not hard to fathom the thought that some might get a kick out of it. 

I don't understand peoples need to make others look bad. The name calling is through the roof. Cracks me up really. I guess its easy to name call when you're not face to face. Not many, if any would have the testicular fortitude to do/say it face to face. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

I don't understand peoples need to make others look bad. The name calling is through the roof. Cracks me up really. I guess its easy to name call when you're not face to face. Not many, if any would have the testicular fortitude to do/say it face to face. 

This is so very true. And I know you're probably aware of this already, but I saw yesterday that the young woman who was charged with vehicular homicide on that accident on 95 in Philly apparently had been bragging on social media that she was the best drunk driver ever. 

If anyone deserved to be called names...there's the poster child. 

Man, a lot of good wisdom in this thread.  Look what you did @TugHillMatt haha.  The commentary of @pasnownut has been spot on.  You know it's funny, when I was growing up it was the hard religious right that was always trying to shut things down and now it's the hard left that's always trying to limit the free exchange of ideas.  Stunning really, as there is no greater bastion of liberalism than free speech.  Certain college campuses, for example, have become completely insufferable and turned wholly against what should be their core mission.  Quite the sea change but politics, like everything else, is cyclical.  The fringes almost always get drowned out, eventually. 

I'm reminded of one of my favorite sayings in politics "If you're young and republican you have no heart; if you're old and democrat you have no brain".  I kid I kid of course, just had to throw a light jab at @canderson haha.  Although, a lot of truth is said in jest ;):lol:

My wife and I have a group of friends that run the gamut, from the biggest Trump fans to the most loyal Bernie bros.  The bottom line is, if you can't adapt to talking to people in a reasonable manner and make your points without resorting to personal attacks the only place you have to look is in the mirror.  We do have one friend who's left of Lenin who can be a little preachy and scolding at times but she still has a good heart, if only a little misguided (sorry I can't help myself :P).

I think most of us leisurely post on this board when we have a few free minutes or perhaps while collecting a paycheck ha.  We don't define ourselves by anything that goes on in an online forum.  The type of person who trolls message boards and hurls insults from their beaten-down keyboard deserves neither your scorn nor your time.  They are worthless, less than dust.  Words are wind.  Frankly, I couldn't care less what they copy and paste to wherever because I stand behind anything I ever type, and can't imagine letting my personal mood be affected by some stranger anonymously posting drivel from some far-off basement.  Well, the dog is barking over "no one" showing up to the door yet again, the toddler is screaming, and my nine month pregnant wife is about to burst; better get back to life.  As always, I've said too much.  Cheers lads and ladies.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

This is so very true. And I know you're probably aware of this already, but I saw yesterday that the young woman who was charged with vehicular homicide on that accident on 95 in Philly apparently had been bragging on social media that she was the best drunk driver ever. 

I did. So sad. The one Trooper was also a volunteer Fire Chief. 

I have names for her. i've said them in my head a couple times. 

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Ironic i just came upon this on my morning reading

Leadership First

Four months ago, I was standing in line waiting to cash some items I picked up at the supermarket. A manager stopped one of the guys on the floor and said to him, in full view of everyone in the waiting area, “how could you forget the stuff I asked you for? You don’t use your brain.” I felt pretty awful for the guy because the lady’s tone was very disgusting, and anyone looking on saw the embarrassed look on his face.

According to Lolly Daskal, the moment you think you have the right to belittle others is the moment you prove you have no power. People tend to make others feel how they themselves feel, whether it’s great or small. The way a leader labels, judges, and values the people around them lets us glimpse into their personality and even their self-esteem.

Leaders who have high standards for themselves and others continually learn how to improve their performance and their team’s. They see opportunity in situations where others see setbacks and lead others positively to create an atmosphere of respect, helpfulness, and cooperation. On the other hand, people in leadership positions who always use negative and critical labels against people show their own inner emptiness and lack of self-esteem, which is extremely detrimental for any organization.

Check out more here: https://lnkd.in/ewvwKhu

#leadershipfirstquotes #entrepeneurship #leadershipdevelopment #executivesandmanagement #management #leadershipfirst #giffordthomas #leadership #inspiration #motivation
No alternative text description for this image
  • Like 6

58 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Looking at the EC and CMC, I am going to have to turn off the water to my outside pipes again.    @Mount Joy Snowman both the daily min max and daily min are at risk for the 28th (MDT) 

You called?  Ah yes, I see the min record is 18 in 1923 and the min max is 35 in 1996.  They are probably both still longshots but at least reasonably within the realm of possibilities.  We'll have to keep an eye out as we move closer.  Nice sleuthing Bubbler!

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

You called?  Ah yes, I see the min record is 18 in 1923 and the min max is 35 in 1996.  They are probably both still longshots but at least reasonably within the realm of possibilities.  We'll have to keep an eye out as we move closer.  Nice sleuthing Bubbler!

I think the low is a very long shot but the high, model wise, is in trouble as of current runs. 

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

Got some yard stakes I can put around to hold it up I think. They’re pretty close to the house too so that’ll help with warmth. 

It should. My tulips last year survived a couple nights in the teens. They hadn't flowered yet, though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Man, a lot of good wisdom in this thread.  Look what you did @TugHillMatt haha.  The commentary of @pasnownut has been spot on.  You know it's funny, when I was growing up it was the hard religious right that was always trying to shut things down and now it's the hard left that's always trying to limit the free exchange of ideas.  Stunning really, as there is no greater bastion of liberalism than free speech.  Certain college campuses, for example, have become completely insufferable and turned wholly against what should be their core mission.  Quite the sea change but politics, like everything else, is cyclical.  The fringes almost always get drowned out, eventually. 

I'm reminded of one of my favorite sayings in politics "If you're young and republican you have no heart; if you're old and democrat you have no brain".  I kid I kid of course, just had to throw a light jab at @canderson haha.  Although, a lot of truth is said in jest ;):lol:

My wife and I have a group of friends that run the gamut, from the biggest Trump fans to the most loyal Bernie bros.  The bottom line is, if you can't adapt to talking to people in a reasonable manner and make your points without resorting to personal attacks the only place you have to look is in the mirror.  We do have one friend who's left of Lenin who can be a little preachy and scolding at times but she still has a good heart, if only a little misguided (sorry I can't help myself :P).

I think most of us leisurely post on this board when we have a few free minutes or perhaps while collecting a paycheck ha.  We don't define ourselves by anything that goes on in an online forum.  The type of person who trolls message boards and hurls insults from their beaten-down keyboard deserves neither your scorn nor your time.  They are worthless, less than dust.  Words are wind.  Frankly, I couldn't care less what they copy and paste to wherever because I stand behind anything I ever type, and can't imagine letting my personal mood be affected by some stranger anonymously posting drivel from some far-off basement.  Well, the dog is barking over "no one" showing up to the door yet again, the toddler is screaming, and my nine month pregnant wife is about to burst; better get back to life.  As always, I've said too much.  Cheers lads and ladies.

It's nice seeing so much level headedness in this forum. It's refreshing. I will say though over the years what I learned is that we're all more similar than we all lead ourselves to believe despite the differences in views we all may have. I feel it's important we all stick together regardless since the more divided we are the easier we fall as a nation. That's just my view on it

• Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 8:53 AM, Itstrainingtime said:

Elliott talking snow - says that what he thought back at the end of February that would happen in April...is gonna happen:

https://www.millersville.edu/weathercenter/forecasts/weather-discussion.php

Great discussion! 
I especially enjoyed this part,

“Despite the fact that we'll soon be flipping the calendar to April, this is exactly the type of weather pattern that can lead to late-season snow. Obviously, the high sun angle and fact that (temperature) averages are increasing by one degree every 2-4 days make receiving snow in April extremely difficult and virtually eliminate the threat of pavement accumulation. However, any storm that tracks to our south between March 30 and April 10 could bring an "onion snow" if precipitation falls at night. This would need to be a "thread-the-needle" type of event, but it would be foolish to rule out the possibility during such a favorable pattern.”